Spring Goals

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I would like to revamp my original goal:

Instead of coin magic, I am going to work on 'Raise Rise'. There is absolutely NO WAY I can get that one down by the summer, but my goal is to make it more of a 'habit' to work on.

I have a routine in mind that actually has a reason why 'Raise Rise' must be used (besides the whole 'I like the difficult stuff' thing). So I think if it's going to take me forever and a day to do, might as well make it a habit.

Starting tonight, I'm going to grab some popcorn and pop in some 'Impossible Card Magic'. I need to quit starting and stopping with the darn move.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I would like to revamp my original goal:

Instead of coin magic, I am going to work on 'Raise Rise'. There is absolutely NO WAY I can get that one down by the summer, but my goal is to make it more of a 'habit' to work on.

I have a routine in mind that actually has a reason why 'Raise Rise' must be used (besides the whole 'I like the difficult stuff' thing). So I think if it's going to take me forever and a day to do, might as well make it a habit.

Starting tonight, I'm going to grab some popcorn and pop in some 'Impossible Card Magic'. I need to quit starting and stopping with the darn move.

I just looked up the move. Damn son, good luck! One day, I'll tackle that.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I just looked up the move. Damn son, good luck! One day, I'll tackle that.

Why not tackle it now? Seriously.
It's a move that takes a VERY LONG time to do fluidly, so start now! Trust me, there's a reason why it's considered one of the hardest card moves in magic. AND it's one-handed to top it all off.

Then again, it's such a move that I don't think I should even be attempting with my lack of card magic knowledge. But, then again, if you like a move and you REALLY BELIEVE that you WILL use it, go for it.

I will say this, if you do indeed get 'Impossible Card Magic'. Get a box of tissues too because you WILL weep! He makes hard moves look incredibly easy and truly impossible. Even knowing what to look for, you will not catch ANYTHING in his performances--not that you SHOULD find anything, but it really does seem impossible with what he is doing. Camera is on him the entire time. It's freakin' crazy. But there are a lot of great card tricks on there worth learning--especially his version of 'Oil and Water'. I just happen to find the most use out of 'Raise Rise'.

Want to cry some more, get 'Impossible Close-Up' magic. Lots of great stuff, but you will cry.

Aug 4, 2015
A few days late, but I think it'll be okay.

It's Springtime, everyone!

It's about to get warmer and a lot greener...unless you live in Nevada--it'll get more neon-er.

With that in mind, I think it's a great time to make some goals to aspire towards; with the end of it all being the Summer Solstice. So what do you think? What goals do you want to put out there that we can hold you accountable for :D ?

Ugh, definitely working on my cuts. They've gotten really sloppy lately. And a few of my slights. I've gotten to the point where people can see the coin. I feel so ashamed.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Apr 3, 2016
I want to be able to get Kostya's roadrunner cull down. Love that move, it's so time consuming to learn though! haha

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Oh man, your wallet will hate you. But it will all be worth it, right?

I'm liking that tax refund thing... My lovely wife agreed that they would be my Fathers Day and Birthday Presents.

I've been wanting The Complete Walton for some time now. I waited too long and the first volume was no longer available in the U.S. They just announced the third volume and it seems to be only available from Davenports in the UK. The preorder pricing on the third volume was what got me off the fence. I was able to pick up Volume 2 at Penguin.

As for Full Bloom - I saw Gaten lecture on the first Essential Magic Conference. Brilliant thinker. The books were highly recommended to me by Marc DeSouza and reading a thread on the Magic Cafe me decide to get it. Although most places were sold out, I was able to get one from Kevin James directly.

I also picked up a Roy Kuppers Chinese Coin for a grandmother's necklace routine. That may be my next goal.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results