Review: Wynns don't win

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
That's nice, but some cards have to be broken in to fan and handle well. For example, Jerry's and Wynns.

I'm afraid that you failed to make a point here. Some cards need to be broken and and some do not, but this does not indicate anything of the quality of the cards.

im not trying to make any point, im asking what people mean by breaking in the cards. yeah i know what breaking in means but cards are pieces of paper :S

Oct 4, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
im not trying to make any point, im asking what people mean by breaking in the cards. yeah i know what breaking in means but cards are pieces of paper :S

I'm not sure if I'm the one to explain this but it is my understanding that when they cut new cards, no matter how sharp the cutting machine, every card has an "edge" that is created by the cutting process. Working the cards for a while knocks off or levels that "edge" or gives it a smoothness that allows it to blend with the other cards, giving it more glide. Making them move more smoothly with each other. By working the cards it may be nothing more than shuffling them over and over for a bit till they develop that smoothness. I think that is substancially correct and if I'm wrong I welcome any corrections to what I've said.

I am still confused about all this fanning business. I opened the pack, and they faned very nicley. Maybe mine are different? I really don't know, but I've only opened one pack and it has felt good in everyway. I'm not a fan boy and I really could care less if you buy or don't buy these cards.

Like I said before I really think some of you think these cards are literally going to create the magic by themselves. They are just cards. What you can do with them is up to you.

Also, why only look at it at at a quality aspect. What about the financial aspect? If these cards can really fetch 40-50 bucks and you can buy them for 5 dollars a deck, why would you not do so? If you hate them, great, sell them off and make a ton of money back.

I really think people are disapointed in them because they aren't some manifistation of a card that can make a genie appear and do the tricks for you.

Anyways, I'm done talking about it. I like them. If you don't, sell them. Make some money.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
The "breaking in" term has been around for ages. Not just with cards but other things like shoes and cars. When something is brand new, well they feel brand new right? But you use them and "break them in" to make them feel more comfortable and things like that.

Thats a disturbing thought.

You have a disturbing mind.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results