Two cup routine

Apr 18, 2016
USA
hello all, I am having trouble tracking down a non gimmicked two cup routine for the cups and balls. The cups will be borrowed, so will not stack, and will not be chopped. Any advice, or simply a point in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 7, 2016
Kentucky
In my professional opinion(as if I were a pro), I would start palming a ball(balled up napkin, paper, etc.) then load it into the borrowed cup. Then make a ball and then make it disappear to the cup. And now the rest is history.

Reactions: Mr.Book
Apr 18, 2016
USA
Thank you mr. Kard, for whatever reason I had not considered also borrowing the "ball". That certainly opens up another world of possibilities.

Reactions: James Kard

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
Is there a particular reason why you want to use two cups and not three or just one? Just curious.
With this kind of routine it´s usually a good idea to research a bunch of cups and ball or even chop cup routines and then start playing with the props. A lot of ideas from other routines may be applicable to your problem or inspire new approaches.

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
BTW: The two most popular two cup routines are probably Tommy Wonders (from the Books of Wonder) and David Williamsons Containers & Spheres (from Williamsons Wonders). But both use stackable (non-chopped) Cups and Balls cups and not normal everyday drinking cups

Apr 18, 2016
USA
Is there a particular reason why you want to use two cups and not three or just one? Just curious.
With this kind of routine it´s usually a good idea to research a bunch of cups and ball or even chop cup routines and then start playing with the props. A lot of ideas from other routines may be applicable to your problem or inspire new approaches.

My thought was two people having coffee, anywhere. Two cups, borrowed. Coffee being finished, cup wiped out with napkin, magic begins.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Really, you just need to learn the basics of cups and balls and can build from there. There are a lot of moves that don't rely on the cups being nested. I'd get Michael Ammar's Cups and Balls e-book from L&L E-Publishing.

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
David Williamson has performed his 2 cup routine using ceramic coffee mugs on dozens of occasions. There is a minor adjustment for the Charlie Miller drop through move, but otherwise it's the same routine.

I seem to recall him using grapes for the balls. I imagine cherry tomatoes, olives or crumpled up napkins would work just as well.

Jason

Apr 18, 2016
USA
Many thanks to all of you. Your suggestions have led me to creating a lovely routine, which plays extremely well. I am very glad to have found this forum. I have never been able to speak to so many like minded individuals at the same time.

Book

Reactions: DominusDolorum

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Many thanks to all of you. Your suggestions have led me to creating a lovely routine, which plays extremely well. I am very glad to have found this forum. I have never been able to speak to so many like minded individuals at the same time.

Book
If you're comfortable with sharing what you have come up with, I would love to see the routine :)

Reactions: Mr.Book
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results