Saturday Night Contest - The Classics

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I've shared this on the forums before, but hopefully it's ok to use here.

It's essentially a handling of 'Oil and Water', but more specifically is handling of Roy Walton's now classic 'Oil and Queens' effect (see The Complete Walton for the original).

Just to explain my thinking: My personalised handling allows the cards to be mixed in front of the spectator (Roy's started with them mixed) and I have also changed the kicker ending so that it fits the presentation and ends completely clean (unlike the original). Best part is that this also allows you to present it as a mock card cheating display rather than the standard O&W presentation. It is also massively discrepant which, being a fan of John Bannon, I consider a good thing!

Sorry for the waffly post....but I like to make sure people understand my reasons for messing with a classic!

Enjoy!

Rev
Hey Rev,

Only videos uploaded after the posting of this contest are allowed. Because this video is from 2015, it will not be judged. You can, however, film a new performance of it and upload it specifically for this contest so it will count!

-C

Reactions: Rev
Hey Rev,

Only videos uploaded after the posting of this contest are allowed. Because this video is from 2015, it will not be judged. You can, however, film a new performance of it and upload it specifically for this contest so it will count!

-C

No worries buddy. I only decided to give it a go as I already had the video on my channel. Can't really be bothered to drag out the camera and close-up pad to do it again... ;)

Good luck to everyone else!

Rev

Nov 10, 2014
For the sake of originality I created a new script specifically for this performance of this trick, whether it works out to my advantage or not I have yet to find out. (I love this trick and normally do the standard script but I wanted to change it up a bit here, new one is probably dumb because I came up with it in about 20 minutes but worth a shot.)

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Here is my entry:

I chose to do Gypsy Thread because it was the first trick I bought from Theory 11, and simply because it is a beautiful trick. Presentation wise I borrowed a lot from Eugene Burger but used the plot of my journey through magic. It isn't completely polished, but I wanted to attach this type of story to the routine instead of using music. I hope you all enjoy it, and good luck to everyone!

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
I don't usually use my pass in my ACR. But in your case I say go for it. Nice Pass Man!!!

Thanks! actually i am so tired... the top cover pass is my favourite, it's a great way to get into the double, and i practised the riffle pass alot, so thought i could put into the ACR..
I wanted to create an ambitious with no DL abuse, and i ended up liking this plot, it's been my standard routine for years.
The lack of talking makes it a lot more flat sadly, it was difficult for me talking in english fluently

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results