Beginning two handed cardistry

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right, I think my left hand is ready to start doing two handed cardistry work.

I have spent the last year and a half doing flourishes with just my right hand, and it's going to be a bit until I can get the left one up to speed.

I just thought of a goofy two handed flourish, but I lack the dexterity and principles to do so.

What are some good two handed flourishes to begin practicing when first starting out?

Jan 29, 2015
All right, I think my left hand is ready to start doing two handed cardistry work.

I have spent the last year and a half doing flourishes with just my right hand, and it's going to be a bit until I can get the left one up to speed.

I just thought of a goofy two handed flourish, but I lack the dexterity and principles to do so.

What are some good two handed flourishes to begin practicing when first starting out?
Forgot to hit reply so i'm sending this now so it pops up on your alerts :)

Jan 29, 2015
Virus by Noel Heath is probably the oddest two handed cut i know. But then again i'm not really a cardist, i just enjoy knowing enough to look skilled with a deck of cards ;)

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Disturb Reality's channel was where I first got interested in cardistry. The link I'll leave at the bottom is one of the first two-handed cuts I learned, and I still perform it often today. It looks intimidating at first, but there's really only one tricky part in it that requires a bit of a knack. There are some other pretty cool cuts on his channel if you're interested.

Best of luck!

Swing Cuts and swivel cuts were the first two-handed cuts I learned how to do. I recommend mastering those first before moving on to the knacky stuff. Sybil might be a little hard for beginners, so I recommend some in-the-hands false cuts, like the Trinary false cut, some false cuts could work as flourishes. A nice channel to get you started is "School of Cardistry", but some of their grips are incorrect, so do keep that in mind. As for "oddball" flourishes, the WERM is weird especially when you use your chin.

Hope this helped!

May 24, 2015

Great news! Glad to here your left hand is getting better. Here is a list of some flourishes you can check out.

To start off you'll need to learn the Z-Grip:

School of Cardistry 5 faces of Sybil: https://youtu.be/JHQ1ToMV4Ro

52 Kards Sybil:

Dealers Grip Phaced:

Kevin H Sybil 947:

Molecule Changeling Part 1:

Molecule Changeling Part 2: https://youtu.be/wl6paisHvwY

I could go on and on but this list should keep you busy.

Apr 12, 2016
I'm fairly new to flourishing as well, but the ones that I was able to learn fairly easily and have been working on perfecting over the last few months are sybil, class act, werm and faux. Also, I really enjoy making my own variations to simpler cuts, sybil especially since it's an easy one to add your own twists to and still keep it false.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results