Saturday Night Contest - Anything But a Castle v2

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
My entry:
https://instagram.com/p/BFKadVHPaL7/

The story behind it if you are interested:
I was going to bed and I wasn't planning on entering this contest because I didn't have any ideas, but at the last moment I remembered that photo I made for Andre couple of months back out of playing cards and someone commented on that photo that he would love to buy a shirt made out of playing cards so, I was like yes that's it I should go right now and try to make a playing cards shirt, it took me over an hour to do this one, and I feel I can make it better if I have more time and another hand helping me but unfortunately I don't, the idea came to me too late, anyway good luck for everyone.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Looks really cool Brett. No adhesives?? Must have been a pain to make. Good Luck.

I initially cut out 105 cards with the intention of making 3 balls.
The first one was 15, the second 30, and the last one would have been 60 cards.
The problem was that I couldn't visualize how the big ball was supposed to go together. I spent a total of two hours trying to put it together and I could not get it to work.

Id be a lot more confident if I could have pulled off the third ball. Ah well.So we have like a BB-8 snowman instead.

But man, everyone is swingin' for the bleachers this week, so it'll be interesting

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
My first thought was it was BB-8 and I got really excited but a snow man is equally awesome

For a hot minute, I wanted to dress it up like BB-8, but all I have on hand are magic markers and sharpies. Which is great if it wasn't so darn difficult to color the cards. The coating on them allows you to draw a straight line with the sharpee and then the sharpee stops marking in the card from getting gummed up or something. The magic marker is EASILY smudged, I'm surprised the 'carrot' stayed orange from me rolling it up 15 times

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results