Busking

Apr 18, 2016
USA
hello all, have any of you worked cups and balls in a street setting? If so, how did the routine play in comparison to more portable types of magic?

Many thanks for entertaining my curiosity

Book

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I've had only minimal experience with this, but from what I know, you have to be very comfortable performing this routine. Everything has to be virtually 100% angleproof. This is also a routine that you would want to drag out a bit, and milk it for all its worth, good social skills come in handy here. You also want a spectator to be able to start watching at any point in the routine, and be able to follow along.

Todd Various has one of the most entertaining street routines I've seen, I'll leave the link at the bottom.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Mr.Book
Aug 17, 2010
Cups and balls or a chop cup are both great If you miss for busking. A ton of buskers do it, and it isn't coincidence.

I do it to close my set, and one of it's strengths is that it's modular. People can start watching partway through (as happens in busking), and they can still get it. Balls vanish, teleport, appear, etc. and you don't need to see the beginning to get it. If you miss the first half of a triumph routine, and only see one card reversed in the deck, it's not terribly strong. If you miss most of a cups and balls routine, but still see balls vanish replaced by lemons, you've still seen some strong magic

Also, there are spots in it great for hat lines.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results