Sub Rosa Inquiry

Before diving-in i had done some reading with regards to Sub Rosa. I understand that Jason England had a request to keep Sub Rosa/ The Technique out of YouTube.

I have been fascinated with moves, techniques and utilities at the card table. Without giving anything out, how difficult is 'The Move'? Will it take Months of practice to execute it flawlessly? And is it much more harder to practice and to execute than a Bottom Deal?

I'm only using the Bottom Deal as a Basis for comparison, all because its a move that takes months of practice to execute such feat and years to perfect.

Dec 22, 2014
I would say that "the move" itself compares roughly in difficulty to techniques such as palming and bottom deals, the move itself is easy, but doing it subtly enough to fool somebody is much harder. With that being said, it's one of the best things I've ever bought from Theory11 and would definitely recommend it.

Reactions: j.bayme
Nov 18, 2015
+1 to what HMG00 said. It's not a hard move, but it will take a lot of practice to do it consistently.

The bottom deal is one of those moves that is really limited in its usefulness until it's really good, and it takes a long time until its really good.

The sub-rosa principal will be useful much more quickly. Depending on your skill and the amount of time you put into it, it'll be useful inside a few weeks, and really killer inside a few months.

Without revealing much, I will say that Sub Rosa has required more practice than anything else I've attempted with the cards, and after a couple months I still can't hit it reliably. I can do the Bottom Deal and Second Deal, as comparison. So don't expect to match Jason England's Sub Rosa performance anytime soon. But the move has great utility potential so I will keep working on it.

Getting some "air between the cards" has helped improve reliability. If you have somewhat mastered Sub Rosa and have some tips to offer me in a non-public discussion I would greatly appreciate them; please contact me directly via PM or george.kru@gmail.com. Give me evidence in your initial contact that you already know the method.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results