Working on new "blank card" effects. What would you like to see?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I am working on a blank card project (anything using blank cards, blank double facers, blank decks, blank packet tricks, etc.) and was wondering if anyone had any fun ideas or plots using blank cards (more than just printing them.)

So far I have some ideas including: a dual reality piece, some fun effects involving the sharpie and blank cards, and a couple of printing type effects.

What else is there to do?
smile.gif

Don't want methods, but rather plot ideas!

Apr 18, 2016
USA
You could make the spectators card lose its ink, to reappear on the blank card you're holding.

You could have the spectator put their chosen card back in the deck, only to find the entire deck is now blank.

You could change a blank card into the card the spectator is thinking of.

All of these could be hilarious as the "befuddled wizard"

Food for thought

Book

Reactions: obrienmagic
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
You could make an Invisible Deck, where the whole deck is blank except the spectator's named card.

I've played with the idea of having a spectator sign a blank card, and then name any card, and then the blank card instantly changes to the name card, with their signature still on it. I haven't developed a very efficient method, so maybe you'll have better luck.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
You could make an Invisible Deck, where the whole deck is blank except the spectator's named card.

I've played with the idea of having a spectator sign a blank card, and then name any card, and then the blank card instantly changes to the name card, with their signature still on it. I haven't developed a very efficient method, so maybe you'll have better luck.

Helder Guimaraes has the best method to do this that I have seen.... however it isn't published lol

Reactions: AmberGraci

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
Helder has another cool blank deck routine on his small miracles DVD: A deck is spread on the table face down and the spectator slides out one card that is not yet turned over. Helder removes four blank cards from an envelope that was sitting on the table from the beginning.
The spectators card is turned over and added to the blank cards. They change into duplicates of the selection one by one and are then returned to the envelope and places aside. As an afterthough Helder discusses that if the spectator had selected a different card that trick wouldn´t have worked: The ribbon spread is turned over and all the cards are blank.

Another thought:
One thing that is particularly interesting about blank cards is that you can utilize card magic methods but do things that don´t appear as card tricks.
For example Greg Wilson has this cool routine Point Blank on his pyrotechnic pasteboards DVD: He introduces a double blank deck as name tags and lets a spectator sign one. Then he goes into a very visual ambitious card routine where the 'name tags sort themselves automatically'. This is a fantastic opener for strolling magic.
Or Chris Rawlins uses a deck of double blanks for a drawing duplication (see I.D.D. on vanishing inc.).

Jul 7, 2016
How bout letting the spectator sign a blank card and then name a card from a regular deck and their signature would "jump" to that card that they named? Would that be possible?

Jul 7, 2016
i also have another idea, how bout this: using one blank face card in a regular deck of cards then making them sign the "back" of the blank face card then after that making them name a card then showing them the blank face do an erdnase change/cardini change (or any color change) and changing the blank face to their named card then "magically" their signature jumped to that card that they named. So basically they signed a blank face and the blank faced card "changed" into a card that they named. Sorry for the bad english lol

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
i also have another idea, how bout this: using one blank face card in a regular deck of cards then making them sign the "back" of the blank face card then after that making them name a card then showing them the blank face do an erdnase change/cardini change (or any color change) and changing the blank face to their named card then "magically" their signature jumped to that card that they named. So basically they signed a blank face and the blank faced card "changed" into a card that they named. Sorry for the bad english lol

No need to be sorry! I understood it perfectly! Will give it a go for sure!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results