Status
Not open for further replies.

CJK

Jan 16, 2016
US
www.youtube.com
I've been practicing sleight of hand and many other card tricks. So recently, on my new channel, I've created a segment called the Magician's Guide for Tricks, I hope it would be a place where people come for card trick references and a place where new magicians come to learn. Seeing so many great tricks and performances, I thought this would be a great place to post it. So please come and take a look at my channel and bring back feedback. Also please share and subscribe if possible.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MqcectIfvxYl3yIzdmp5Q

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
For most of the performance you couldn't see the cards, which is irritating as a viewer. And there are already hundreds of tutorials for these moves for free, many by people with higher budget and who have been performing these moves for decades. I'd advise you to not worry about the YouTube stuff unless you can teach something that either hasn't been taught before, or hasn't been taught well before. Also be careful not to infringe on anyone else's work without their documented consent.

If you're getting into magic just to get some cheap YouTube views, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Magic is an incredible art form, so just be careful you don't devalue it for potential enthusiasts.

Best of luck with your magic!

CJK

Jan 16, 2016
US
www.youtube.com
For most of the performance you couldn't see the cards, which is irritating as a viewer. And there are already hundreds of tutorials for these moves for free, many by people with higher budget and who have been performing these moves for decades. I'd advise you to not worry about the YouTube stuff unless you can teach something that either hasn't been taught before, or hasn't been taught well before. Also be careful not to infringe on anyone else's work without their documented consent.

If you're getting into magic just to get some cheap YouTube views, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Magic is an incredible art form, so just be careful you don't devalue it for potential enthusiasts.

Best of luck with your magic!

Thanks, I want to practice my art and try to get better, that's why I'm performing in youtube for people to see and give feedback on my performance and movement.

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
If is great to be enthusiastic about sharing a passion but there are so many things wrong with what you are doing. As AmberGraci points out there is much to work on from the filming standpoint and you are no where near ready from a skill standpoint to be teaching other.

If you want to practice and get better then do that and film performances and ask for feed back, don't film a tutorial when you can't properly execute the moves to begin with. And crediting Disturb Reality as a source is like crediting The Pirate Bay for Finding Dory. If you are going to credit people (like you should) then you need to do your research and credit the right people not someone else that posts poor exposure tutorials.

There are a lot of people that will be happy to watch performance videos and offer feedback to help you improve but get rid of the tutorials and focus on becoming a better magician first.

Reactions: mclintock and CJK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results