Magic Piracy

Hey everyone I could really use any advice/help on this.

I recently released an effect right here on Theory11's Marketplace entitled "No Pressure". I was doing a Google search to see if anyone has went out and started performing this effect yet. Low and behold, I come across this Chinese website that has completely stolen my download and is trying to profit off of it. [Link Removed]

Any advice on what I should do in this situation would be very much appreciated!

Also the contest for the No Pressure review closes Friday night so be sure to get your video reviews submitted soon!

Thanks,
-Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Anything you create and publish anywhere is subject to creative commons copyright protection. Send them an email explaining it is yours by law and they'll most likely take it down right away. If they don't, write back explaining you can take them to court very easily and earn them a fine of up to 5,000 USD. And since they claim to have copyright claim to the effect at the bottom of their site, that could earn them an additional 5-10 grand.

I'd also use a throwaway email when contacting them, their source code has some pidgeonholes which are common in corrupt sites.

Anything you create and publish anywhere is subject to creative commons copyright protection. Send them an email explaining it is yours by law and they'll most likely take it down right away. If they don't, write back explaining you can take them to court very easily and earn them a fine of up to 5,000 USD. And since they claim to have copyright claim to the effect at the bottom of their site, that could earn them an additional 5-10 grand.

I'd also use a throwaway email when contacting them, their source code has some pidgeonholes which are common in corrupt sites.
Thank you very much for your advice!

Reactions: obrienmagic

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
I'd also suggest editing your post and removing the link to the pirated version. There is no reason to promote their site by letting other know how to find it.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results