Magic in Spectator's Hands

Jun 16, 2016
Ohio
I believe in the theory that the most powerful magic is that which happens in the hands of the spectator. It seems to be the type of magic that really entertains the spectator in my opinion.

Do you know of any effects that happen in the spectator's hands?

Jul 7, 2016
I saw somewhere a trick where a piece of metal would "magically" move and bend turning into a paperclip and just before it fully bends and turns into paperclip you could give it to the spectator and they could sandwich it in there hands and would actually feel the metal move and turn into a paperclip.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Here Then There made popular by David Blaine is one of my favorites.
Some people can pull off Crazy Man's Handcuffs with the spectator holding one of the rubberbands.
Ninja Card is another fun one
Double Exposure sold by Art of Magic has quickly become one of my goto effects

Nov 10, 2014
Sometimes I will do a phase of Ambitious Card in their hands, usually I just put it on the table so I can get the effect of showing it, putting it on the table, then flipping it over all very quickly, less of a slow burn, but also very effective.

Dec 31, 2015
Personally, I found self working effects to be the best, especially if the spectator handles the cards the whole time (like they could if you direct them well). At the same time, they unknowingly learn a card trick, but don't view it that way, so it's highly unlikely that the effect won't be repeated by them. My recommendation is playing around with this idea:

Another one of my favorites is an effect called the "Persistent Joker". In short, the Joker keeps showing up every time that they spell a number out in cards, and it was meant to be an effect to have some fun with.​

This is my specialty actually!

About a month ago I was at a camp for special needs children that can't walk or talk very well. I wanted to put on a show where I made it look like I had "enchanted" them thus giving them powers to pull off pretty cool stuff.

My go to effects for this are Siberian Chain Escape ( I do a variation where a spectator gets locked up by another spectator and a blanket is thrown over them and magically they have escaped once it's removed), Sleeper by Eoin O'Hare, Double Deception Deluxe by Bob Swadling and Mark Mason, Electric Touch+ by Yigal Mesika (I use it to pretend that it is the "power" I am giving them), Pyro by Adam Wilber (I use it with their hands over mine for a powerful mental effect), Perfect by Mark Mason, Surge by Mickael Chatelain, and my very own No Pressure can be done by the spectator.

Hope that list is a good start for you to find something works for you!

Some people can pull off Crazy Man's Handcuffs with the spectator holding one of the rubberbands.

Some people? This is standard CMH handling. It's no more difficult than doing it in your own hands (though the audience don't know that). If you're doing CMH and NOT doing this part then you're missing out! I'm a card guy through and through yet CMH is still my most 'requested' effect amongst people I know.

I recently 'rediscovered' and old effect I used to do about 15 years ago where a piece of cord penetrates through a spectators finger. No set up, no funny knots, no sleights and completely self working! I wish I knew the name of it but I learned it from a magic set and I was only about 13 at the time....

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results