Ok, imagine this, someone chooses a card, then looses it inside of a deck. You then hand the deck to a spectator who shuffles the cards, and gives the cards back to you. You go through the deck take out the two jokers, and your ready to begin the trick. You lay the two (and only two) jokers on the top of the deck, you go ahead and push those two jokers together, then you show that there's a third card face down in between the jokers, which turns out to be the selected card.

-The selected card can be signed
-There is no preparation at all
-You can do this with a borrowed deck
-There is no gimmick
-There would be different variations of the trick

I need help deciding on a price for this effect, and if you have questions, i'll make sure to answer it....Thanks
SINCERELY YOURS Joseph Jackson

Ok, imagine this, someone chooses a card, then looses it inside of a deck. You then hand the deck to a spectator who shuffles the cards, and gives the cards back to you. You go through the deck take out the two jokers, and your ready to begin the trick. You lay the two (and only two) jokers on the top of the deck, you go ahead and push those two jokers together, then you show that there's a third card face down in between the jokers, which turns out to be the selected card.

-The selected card can be signed
-There is no preparation at all
-You can do this with a borrowed deck
-There is no gimmick
-There would be different variations of the trick

I need help deciding on a price for this effect, and if you have questions, i'll make sure to answer it....Thanks
SINCERELY YOURS Joseph Jackson
This sounds fairly similar to some other effects that have this same plot. But you could have something different. Do you have a performance video of it? That will help in us understanding the uniqueness of your effect and whether or not if it's marketable.

obrienmagic...THANKS, the way that I do the classic sandwich trick is with a completely new handling to get the card inbetween the two jokers. But there is allot of magic out there so it could have already been created, but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Jul 5, 2016
Texas
This sounds like a trick I learned about a year ago. Do you start with the jokers on the top and bottom of the deck?

Jul 5, 2016
Texas
Cool! Will you be posting the video to this discussion, or will it be on a social media?

That's a pretty neat idea. It would have been nice to see a simple, full and uncut performance of the whole routine without all the 'fluff'. Most of the video is just you spreading the sandwiched cards and doesn't really give an impression of the overall effect

I would also be careful describing this as a 'completely new handling' though. Can't say I've seen anything exactly like this before but it seems like such a simple idea that it's a possibility that someone (if not several people) may have already published it. I just did a quick search for 'sandwich loading' on Denis Behr's Conjuring Archive (seriously, if you create card magic and don't consult this resource then you can't EVER claim to have 'done research' around your effect) and got the following results:

http://www.conjuringarchive.com/show.php?cat=615

There's a few items on there which could be similar to your technique (I'm thinking the 'side steal' ideas and the Bernard Billis move mentioned 17 lines down). Perhaps it's worth checking these resources? I'm not saying you didn't come up with this first or that your's doesn't have unique elements to it, but it's worthing knowing where similar ideas exist so you can at least credit 'magician x' for 'coming up with a similar thing many years ago'. It just makes you look that much more professional and learned.

Good luck

Rev

Well shoot, i'm new to this releasing magic thing, so I will re edit my video, credit who needs to be credited, show an uncut version of the trick, and redo my intro for the trick, so thank you for your constructive critisism

also can i edit my old posts, and if so how?

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results