obrienmagic Blog + Free Tutorials **Every Friday**

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Hello T11 Universe!

I have decided to start posting my blogs again! YAY!!! Will have new content every FRIDAY from tutorials to top ten lists to reviews to just basic tips and tricks!

My blog spot is here:
http://www.obrienmagic.com/blog

Last week we talked about "How to get more followers on social media using MAGIC!"
http://www.obrienmagic.com/blog/how-to-get-followers-using-magic

This coming Friday we will talk about ways to help you to book more gigs!

Thank you for reading and tuning in!

Any suggestions on upcoming blogs is always welcome!

-Michael

Nov 10, 2014

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I always found it hard to understand how people enjoy doing magic for kids... They don't follow logic patterns, the angles are weird, they jump to (sometimes correct) conclusions without any evidence. I really just never got it...

I personally would rather perform for adults just because it is easier to manage them behavior wise, but to be honest, I have never had a bad experience doing kids shows. I have learned that if you take yourself too seriously the kids will jump on you, but if you are "one of them" they will more than likely befriend you and want to believe more. I perform my pokemon stuff for them and usually they are on my side when it comes to that. The recognize that I am "one of them" and they relax and have fun.

I agree with you to an extent, however believe it or not, childrens magic is kind of where the money is as (unless you are a well established performer obviously booking $5,000 corporate events lol)

Reactions: mclintock
Oct 19, 2015
I always found it hard to understand how people enjoy doing magic for kids... They don't follow logic patterns, the angles are weird, they jump to (sometimes correct) conclusions without any evidence. I really just never got it...
I only perform for kids (except mom, dad, grandparents, etc. are allowed)....simple reason is....kids BELEIVE in magic. They are not necessarily easy to fool, but they are easily amazed! They are truly spontaneous when surprized....etc. etc.

I am not critical of others who prefer other venues, but for me, it has always been about the kids.....of course I raised 3 and have 6 Grandkids....that makes me some kinda expert I think???

Reactions: obrienmagic

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I only perform for kids (except mom, dad, grandparents, etc. are allowed)....simple reason is....kids BELEIVE in magic. They are not necessarily easy to fool, but they are easily amazed! They are truly spontaneous when surprized....etc. etc.

I am not critical of others who prefer other venues, but for me, it has always been about the kids.....of course I raised 3 and have 6 Grandkids....that makes me some kinda expert I think???

That is an amazing point! Sometimes as adults we need to have something to believe in, even if it is only for a few minutes. :)

Reactions: Timewise64

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
**NEW BLOG VIDEO** PLEASE SHARE and help make it go viral!!!
With all of the recent success of the new "Pokémon GO" game, people everywhere are finding themselves with the urge to "Catch Them All!" With all of this excitement, you can bet that magician Michael O'Brien will use the local "Pokestops" in the most amazing way! Find out how Michael will bring a little MAGIC to the wonderful world of Pokémon in this awesome video!

http://www.obrienmagic.com/blog/july-13th-2016

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
**NEW BLOG AND VIDEO!**

This week we will be discussing "How to make money performing street magic." My good friend and special guest Jack Murdock is going to give us some pointers and some good tips on how to get started as a "Busker" and make some money on the streets!

Blog link HERE:
http://www.obrienmagic.com/blog/how-to-make-money-performing-street-magic

Video Link HERE:

As always, please feel free to like, share and comment, giving us your own ideas and tips on how you find it works best making money performing street magic! Thank you so much for your time and please enjoy!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results