New to the site

Mar 17, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and a complete novice to doing magic. I would like to learn impromptu closeup magic and was wondering where I should start

Aug 4, 2015
Ah, there I cannot help you. I love coin magic as well but there are simply not a lot of tricks with them other than vanishes, productions and multiplications. I do recommend a book source than a video however.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Eric Jones' "Metal" videos are a great place to start. Dan Watkin's has a great website at coinvanish.com that covers a lot of basics. Dan also has a video call Coin Man Walking. I was fortunate to learn coin the basics from Eric, Dan and Kainoa Hardbottle at a workshop.

Ah, there I cannot help you. I love coin magic as well but there are simply not a lot of tricks with them other than vanishes, productions and multiplications.

You haven't looked hard enough. The least expensive and most extensive book is Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Beyond that you can learn essentials in Richard Kauffman's Coin Magic, Dan Watkins Coinvanish series, David Roth's Expert Coin Magic. To take it to the next level, get Chris Kenner's Totally Out of Control and Troy Hooser's Moments and Destroyers. There also are great coin routines in Apocalypse, The Collected Almanac, Stars of Magic, Best of Slydini / Magical Wold of Slydini, Impossibilia, Carneycopia and lots of other books.

Reactions: Justin.Morris

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Welcome to the site! You're surrounded by a great community here who will guide you and help you in anyway they can. RealityOne is your go-to guy on all magic research and presentation tips. You won't go wrong with his suggestions. Put in the work, practice (a lot), but most importantly have fun!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results