Gambling Demonstration

Jun 3, 2016
Hello,

I've recently been practicing moves for gambling demonstrations. I've been working on my bottom deal along with a few false shuffles.

I have Foundations, Card Control by Arthur Buckley, and Expert at the Card Table by Hugard.

As I've been looking at some of the effects in the book, I take a look online at what I can find about some of the moves. Frequently, I'll see someone bash a move in the context of gambling. Some comments indicate you would immediately cause suspicion if you used a gene maze grip, a push through shuffle, up the ladder cut, eat.

Do moves like a pass, side shift, diagonal palm shift, push through shuffle, etc. actually have a place at the gambling table? If you truly found yourself in a high stakes game, what moves would actually have a chance at working at the card table?

Not looking at actually cheating at cards of course. But I would like to have a relevant gambling routine.

In my opinion, if it can work, it's relevant. My bottom deal might be the worst bottom deal on the face of the earth, but if it worked for me... Wouldn't that make it a reasonable technique if I was looking to cheat in a card game?

I wanted to see what others opinions on this were.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
You are absolutely right. People will hate on certain moves because it doesn't work for them, but if it works for you then absolutely use it. Everybody's hands are different and everybody's muscles are different, different moves work for different people. I personally found a lot of valuable techniques in Daniel Madison's How to Cheat At Cards. He knows his stuff from experience, and he goes into detail as to why certain moves work or don't work.
That and Expert at the Card Table are where most all of the moves I use come from. It'd also be worth noting that certain moves that wouldn't pass in a competitive game, may pass in a demonstration. The majority of the audience won't know too much about gambling and won't know what to look for, so you may get away with a bit more. That being said, try not to underestimate your spectator's perception.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results