Saturday Night Contest - Create A Flourish!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! If you've taken a visit to our Media Section over the past week, we posted 3 awesome cardistry videos from Henrik Forberg, Aviv Moraly, and Gabor Juhasz. One key factor that made those videos stand out was the different styles of each cardist, and their original moves. Tonight, we are using originality as inspiration for another round of our Create A Flourish series.

Your challenge is to create a new flourish. Simple as that. The one rule? You CANNOT start your flourish holding the deck in dealer's grip. Make it new and fresh, and try to make it as original as possible. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Just show us something unique and creative. We also want to see a smooth performance. Execution and flow will play a factor in the judging process, as well.

You also don’t need a nice camera to film your flourish. It can be a webcam video! Cinematography and editing skills are in no way required for tonight’s contest. We want to see the flourish. That is what counts.

Film your flourish and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (if posted on IG, hashtag it #theory11). Post the link to your public video (so we can see it!) in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 7th (my birthday!). Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above. You can submit up to 2 flourishes each, but remember that we are looking for quality, not quantity!

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Question: what would classify as a 'flourish'?
Does it have to be something like flicker or a card twirling? Or can it also be a fancy/flashy cut too?

More importantly, Happy Birthday, Casey ! I'm sure no one would mind if the contest results come out a day later, go party hard and blow your own mind for a change ! Stay blessed.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Question: what would classify as a 'flourish'?
Does it have to be something like flicker or a card twirling? Or can it also be a fancy/flashy cut too?

More importantly, Happy Birthday, Casey ! I'm sure no one would mind if the contest results come out a day later, go party hard and blow your own mind for a change ! Stay blessed.
Any type of cardistry is allowed, you just can't start by holding the deck in a dealer's/mechanics grip. We would prefer to see the whole deck used though, but anything goes as long as you don't start it in that specific grip.

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Heres my submission (The production is the first flourish, not starting from the spread)
I hope its fine I combined both submissions into 1 video to make it easier rather than opening 2 videos.

Good luck, all ! Great entries till now !

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results