Card Design Preference.

Jul 16, 2016
Hi, im new here and wanted to ask what type of card design people prefer.

Im making a project for my design class, i need opinions so i can actually make the deck then hand it in.

So,
do you like: clean designs like Virtuoso / or / complex designs like Monarchs?
do you prefer: clean full color box like Bicycle Standards, Air Stock like Madison Rounders / or / embossed boxes like Monarchs.

feel free to add any other preferences to help me out.

cheers.

Dec 20, 2014
Frisco, Texas
For the back design I will have to say unless you can make a very good simple design for cardistry (what the Virts are for) then the more complex like monarchs and studs are better. I don't know if you have the option but if you do just go with bicycle stack and finish because nothing can go wrong with that. With the box, I like the clean box, because it is much easier to make, put in a card clip, etc... Those are my thoughts.

Jun 12, 2016
Arizona
Hey, I was in the sane position as you and created a deck of cards for my Graphic design class. If you are only making it for a class, I'd recommend not using expensive stock or finishes, but if you're lacing in using it, you can't go wrong with the USPCC standard. I personally enjoy something clean like monarchs, without lots of intricacy so that your main design stands out. The most important thing is that every part of the deck, from the faces to the tuck, should mirror the main focus of your concept. Then again, that's just my thoughts, if you have an idea, go for it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results