Standard Monarchs

Jun 14, 2016
I just got a deck of monarchs and a week later they're already starting to clump. What should I do? For now I spread the deck on my desk.

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
The main reason of card clumping is the humidity of the environment and how you take care of them, that means if you wash your hands before handling, how much you sweat, and if you spread/place them in non-dirty areas.
That works for any deck.

There is no way to undo certain type of things, and that is due to the entropy of the universe.
Some may suggest something like fanning powder, but the truth is nobody can break the rules of thermodynamic.
The best you can do is to pay attention to details from now on, there's no distinction between decks as they naturally wear out the same way (approximately) for any brand of playing cards: the real variable is you.

Reactions: TheFallenAce
Dec 20, 2014
Frisco, Texas
I don't know if you have one or not but a card clip will do a great job of protecting them. You might think that 30$ for a Dan And Dave classic clip is alto but if you use it a lot and don't lose it you will get well above your moneys worth with it. You will be able to save just about any deck from sweating or humidity with it. You can find one here:
https://www.dananddave.com/products/classic-clip

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results