Double lift separation

Jul 6, 2014
hello ! Sometimes when I do the double turnover I get some separation in the cards as I'm dragging them over to flip them over. It's not a lot of separation, maybe a couple millimeters.

To my eye it's obvious and I am worried I'll eventually get caught. I'm fairly new to performing so I'm asking anyone here whose more experienced if you've ever been caught for this? Since the cards are in motion and people don't know what to look for I'm assuming most people won't notice when this happens? It's just something that constantly nags me

Thank you , best wishes to you all.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Almost everyone who does the Double Turnover does it incorrectly meaning they flip and smack like they are handling something heavy or however you want to think of it. I believe though it was Dai Vernon who said to handle it like a flower. Lightly and at the finger tips. When you flip just let the cards rest on your finger tips. THEY WILL NOT SPLIT IF DONE CORRECTLY. This is because of the air pockets and physics. Turning it back over is the same way but getting a break to turn it back over which isn't a problem to do because of the natural break you should get

Jul 6, 2014
Hi Grant. I completely agree, but perhaps I didn't explain my question in enough detail. I do a one hand push off and I sometimes get some minor separation in the cards as its being dragged over to flip. Just wondering if anyone's had that problem and if it goes unnoticed to spectators. Thanks again

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
See thats the thing. The natural way to flip a card over is with two hands in use. Thats how lay people do it

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
See thats the thing. The natural way to flip a card over is with two hands in use. Thats how lay people do it

I think he does use 2 hands for the lift. From my understanding, he doesn't want the cards to split when doing a slight pushoff to the side; the part right before the second hand comes for the turn.

Since I don't use the same method for a double lift, I can't offer any advice other than the cliched 'practice'.

Good luck !

Jul 6, 2014
I sent a video of me doing the lift to some people and also tried it in person with obvious separation in the cards, though slight, and no one saw anything weird. I'm guessing there's no problem unless it's a magician I'm dealing with

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results