Need help with trick, explanation?

Aug 18, 2016
Hi, im new to theory11 I am curious how this one trick works, you show an all blank deck (both sdes of cards) and tell the spectator to choose any card, you hand them a double blank card saying its their card, and then a pile of them. You put their card in the middle of the pile, which is entirely blank. and in the end of it you reveal that their card is the only printed card in the deck. Its been racking my brain for a week. Its not an invisible deck by the way.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Reactions: Devon172448
Hi, im new to theory11 I am curious how this one trick works, you show an all blank deck (both sdes of cards) and tell the spectator to choose any card, you hand them a double blank card saying its their card, and then a pile of them. You put their card in the middle of the pile, which is entirely blank. and in the end of it you reveal that their card is the only printed card in the deck. Its been racking my brain for a week. Its not an invisible deck by the way.
That effect is an ACAAN effect from Peter Turner. You can learn that effect from Peter Turner Live Lecture 2 on Penguin Magic.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Thank you! Ill check it out for sure!

It really doesn't have much to do with Peter's ACAAN on either of his Penguin lectures although the method could be re-purposed for this effect.

I feel like you were probably talking about an effect accomplished with a nudist deck or a variation on the snowstorm plot.

Aug 18, 2016
It really doesn't have much to do with Peter's ACAAN on either of his Penguin lectures although the method could be re-purposed for this effect.

I feel like you were probably talking about an effect accomplished with a nudist deck or a variation on the snowstorm plot.

Ill look these up as well, thanks for the input!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

I think you mean Blizzard rather than Snowstorm unless you are intending to cut the blank cards up and use a fan. :cool:

From the description, I suspect that the effect uses some combination of equivoque, the principle behind an Invisible / Brainwave deck and the principle behind a Svengali deck, a pocket index, a paddle move and/or a technique which gets the same result as the technique used in Dean Dill's Blizzard.

There is a great effect with a similar design by Jim Steinmeyer in the September 2015 issue of Genii titled The Emperor's New Deck. Oh yeah, there is the second method used in that effect -- that is beautiful in its simplicity and deception.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I think you mean Blizzard rather than Snowstorm unless you are intending to cut the blank cards up and use a fan. :cool:

There is a great effect with a similar design by Jim Steinmeyer in the September 2015 issue of Genii titled The Emperor's New Deck. Oh yeah, there is the second method used in that effect -- that is beautiful in its simplicity and deception.

Yep, that's what I meant. I just saw Magick Balay's version advertised on Penguin and thought of this thread. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7418

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results