Is the Bycicle Eco deck durable and overall worth it?

Jul 27, 2016
I recently learned of the existence of the Bycicle Eco deck. I usually don't like Bicycles, (the too classical designs, the name of the brand, sue me - I just don't like them), but surprisingly enough this deck seems really nice. Eco-friendly, great shades of green, low price, it seems like the deck has everything for itself.

One thing, though, is raising my concern. I'm wondering if the out-of-the-ordinary materials used in the fabrication of the deck are making it as good as a standard Bicycle. Does it handles as well? And more importantly, is the deck more subject than other "ordinary" decks to deterioration, does it deteriorates quickly or differently? I know I want to use the Bicycle Eco as practice decks for cardistry, but someone in my family would maybe want one or two for more traditional use - no magic or cardistry. So I'm wondering if it's okay to seriously consider this deck in both cases.

Also, on another subject, I've seen this image on the Theory11 website that I haven't noticed until today. These cards look absolutely gorgeous, can anyone tell me the name of the deck?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• cardddddddd.PNG
    cardddddddd.PNG
    287.1 KB · Views: 52
Jul 27, 2016
Oh yes, you're right. That's a shame, the back of the cards is amazing while the rest is a bit meh. It's like the deck can't make its mind between being a Bad Robot deck or a Mystery Box deck.

Jul 27, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

Although, considering that I'll have to buy at least 4 decks if I decide to buy any at all and that I live in Canada - which means at least 10-15$ for shipping and +25% to any price considering the currently lousy value of the canadian dollar, it's roughly between 40$ to [language] more everytime I order cards, and I'm not rich. And no, there aren't any proper card decks in store near me (at least none that aren't made of cheap paper or plastic).

So yes. I *do* have something to lose in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2014
Oh, forget it then, it's just like a normal deck of bicycles. It's nothing super special in my opinion unless you really like that all the cards are that nice green

Reactions: Justin.Morris

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Blaustein, I know the feeling, I am Canadian too. Although there is magic shop called Spectram in Montreal that has a decent variety of cards, I will most of the time satisfy my card cravings with online shopping directly on T11, E and AoP. So, yeah, shipping is a pain, so I always buy 6+ at a time. AoP has a nice selection, so you can buy the bicycle Eco deck there along with others.

If you have fellow cardists or magicians in your area, you might order as a group and split shipping costs. Look on facebook, they might even have a group profile. Or you can look at https://www.cardtutorialonly.com/world-map-cardists/ to see who's close to you.

Jul 27, 2016
Thanks Fox13, I honestly didn't thought that kind of resource existed. Sadly, as far as I can see, I'm the only cardist in a few hundred miles on the map, so I guess it won't be of much use.

I also tend to shop my cards on these sites, but I've recently bought a whole brick of Wylie Beckert's Wicked Kingdom. Which means that I'm a bit out of money for cards right now. The problem is, my practice decks are getting old and I need new ones that I can buy at a good price. It's so hard to find. If the Bicycle Eco are really just ordinary Bicycles in green, I might wait to buy anything at all.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I found them to have a smoother finish than standard bikes. They were just as durable too. But at the end of the day, just another deck of bikes. Not worth the shipping, but they were available in Canada (they used to be available at Walmart and Zellers), so there may be some stores selling them somewhere.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
I remember seeing these at Toy'R Us a while ago... If you are on a budget, you might as well by bulk at costco; the 9-deck box costs me 14$, about 1.50$ each.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results