What are Your Top 5 Coin Vanishes?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Coin vanishes are some of my favorite sleights to do in magic, especially if they are impromptu. I have the habit of collecting them, here are my current top 5 go to vanishes. What are your favorite vanishes?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2014
5. classic palm false transfer
4. imagination steal ( only the steal, I dislike the vanish), Eric Jones.
3. g.o.d. h.a.n.d. (while not in itself a vanish, its one of the most magical uses of a coin I know)
2. the wolf spider vanish, Brandon Wolf
1. the grey vanish, Brandon Wolf

also, I have to say that out of all of the spellbound routines I know, Brandon wolf's "Mesmer" is the cleanest most convincing one I've seen.

as for multiple coin vanishes I would have to take the "KKK" vanish, being a major improvement to the original handling and being the only vanish I know for getting rid of more than one coin at once.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
5. classic palm false transfer
4. imagination steal ( only the steal, I dislike the vanish), Eric Jones.
3. g.o.d. h.a.n.d. (while not in itself a vanish, its one of the most magical uses of a coin I know)
2. the wolf spider vanish, Brandon Wolf
1. the grey vanish, Brandon Wolf

also, I have to say that out of all of the spellbound routines I know, Brandon wolf's "Mesmer" is the cleanest most convincing one I've seen.

as for multiple coin vanishes I would have to take the "KKK" vanish, being a major improvement to the original handling and being the only vanish I know for getting rid of more than one coin at once.

I got to see Brandon and Eric work live, they rock. Video doesn't do them justice. Brandon was showing me a ditch for one of his effects and it was so slick I couldn't follow it. He kept misdirecting me!

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I am sure you can find it on youtube somewhere, but if you want to learn it from the best source, I would say "Modern Coin Magic" by Bobo. That is where I learned it years ago. FD and Fake take are the first 2 false transfers I learned! :)

Sep 17, 2016
I also love the Raven!

I'm thinking about getting that alchemy vanish as well, anyone have anything to say about that? How is it?

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I wouldn't recommend Alchemy unfortunately. While it looks incredible and can be a reputation maker if mastered, the amount of time and effort that would take would be immense and in the end, no amount of practice can increase the angles enough for it to be more than a 3 person effect.

Reactions: The Magic X
Jun 12, 2016
Arizona
I also love the Raven!

I'm thinking about getting that alchemy vanish as well, anyone have anything to say about that? How is it?

Alchemy is great, but definitely NOT for beginners. It takes lots of practice and requires mastering the angles, but the if you take the time to master it, it'll be worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results