"I Got Talent" Show

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hey guys,

Long time no see. I have been here on the forums since day one of T11. Then I started acting recently and kind of pushed my magic/mentalism career to the side.
However, there is a chance to go back in style. There is a show starting up in my country, the "Serbia Got Talent" show (the AGT show, just in Serbia :) ). So I could use some advice from you guys.
The first stage is to send an online application, which includes a personal information plus a video that showcases my talent. I was thinking of going as a mentalist, since I know of couple of magicians that will be on the show, so I don't want to compete against them, plus, I am the only mentalist in the country, so that could help.
Here are the questions that I need the help with:

- What kind of video should I send as an application, if I want to go as a mentalist on the show? (since mentalism is not that great on the camera).
- Would you advise me to go as a magician or as a mentalist? (I am very proficient in both, performing for 8 years).

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. If someone is willing to consult me through the show, I would be willing to pay them back somehow.

Thank you guys!

p.s. I need to send an application ASAP, so that may help with your answers. Cheers!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

What kind of video should I send as an application, if I want to go as a mentalist on the show? (since mentalism is not that great on the camera).

Do what you know the best. Having something polished and professional will show. Have an audience so they can see the reaction.

If you decide to do something different, how about something from Tamariz's Verbal Magic or Steinmeyer's Impuzzabilities books where the people watching the video play along with the effect?

Would you advise me to go as a magician or as a mentalist? (I am very proficient in both, performing for 8 years).

Why not do "mental magic." You can incorporate both mentalism and magic. As you study magic, you understand how the human mind perceives reality and as you study mentalism, you understand how the reality perceives the human mind.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. If someone is willing to consult me through the show, I would be willing to pay them back somehow.

I'm glad to help brainstorm and develop the effects, routines and presentation... no need to pay me back - I love this stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Thank you for the quick replies. The only reason I am so concerned about the video application is if I don't pass that, they will never see me in person, where I can actually shine. I was never good at recording or editing videos, especially mentalism videos. So I have no idea what effect should I try to send them in order to convey what I do, and for them to like me enough to call me on the show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results