Card tricks on the table to begin with

Amo

Apr 24, 2014
Hello,
After spending some time working on some in the hands close up magic I've decided to look into trick that take place on the table. I'm particularly interested in the classics such as triumph and cutting to cards from a shuffled pack, although I'm sure there are many more tricks that yield a magical reaction. I was wondering what tricks are good to begin with for table tricks and the best/ original sources to learn them from.
Thanks in advanced, Adam.

Mar 2, 2016
My personal favourite is card cheating demonstrations. It's not really a card trick, more like showing off. It's still cool to see though.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
What effects do you perform that you like? How long have you been in magic? How extensive is your knowledge of sleight of hand? What books and DVDs do you have?

Depending on those answers, there are a lot of possibilities.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
As David said, it would depend largely on your skill level.

There are some great tabled effects in Dai Vernon's "Inner Card Trilogy" (along with a lot of stand up material). And if you're already comfortable with some fairly advanced sleights, you could check out Jason Ladanye's "Confident Deceptions" which has loads of great table magic as well as gambling routines.

Amo

Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the replies!
As for the skill level question, I have been doing magic for 3 years. My knowledge of sleights is mainly round the close up magic category. I'm not particularly proficient in any sleights that are done on the table yet I do understand how some techniques work,(however I don't own actual sources to learn them). As for tricks I enjoy to perform/practice, the only routine I do is an ambitious card routine, all other tricks are quick flashy ones from resources by Dan and Dave and similar artists.
Like I said before I'm inexperienced in table magic so I'm mainly looking for good resources to begin, and develop, a strong foundation.
Thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results