Hey, so many options!

Jun 4, 2015
I play around with magic a lot with my friends and family, and i wanted to buy one of these awesome tricks that they provide on Theory 11. What trick (anything but coin magic) should i buy from the store? I was thinking about Odyssey or Invisible card, subrosa also seemed really cool. What effect would you guys recommend?

I know you said no coin magic but don't pass on Break. It's super easy and gets great reactions. By far the best coin trick in my arsenal.

I would take a pass on Odyssey. It's not that great and it's more of an effect for the camera rather than live performance.

Regeneration by Blake Vogt is a killer effect that many professional magicians carry in their arsenal. Sleeper isn't too bad of an effect if you don't mind repairing gimmicks every now and again. Dresscode by Calen Morelli is his best release ever and I would definitely recommend that one. Smoke is a really nice utility device that compliments any magic performance and Dan White teaches a lot of cool stuff with it. I don't have Smoke 2.0 but I hear it's the better product and Robert Smith is pretty creative so I think he has some cool ideas to teach on it.

There is also the Marketplace where you can find some good effects for a budget price. A lot of great free effects are on their as well.

Best of luck!

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I wouldn't recommend Sub rosa unless you do a lot of table magic with cards and/or could really think of a terrific presentation using the Sub rosa concept that couldn't be accomplished with a normal stripper deck.
I second Regeneration, and if you don't have it already, definitely check out French Kiss by Wayne Houchin too!

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin is one of my all time favorite effects, it requires some sleight of hand, but it's not overwhelming by any extent.

Aug 22, 2016
I would spend money on not just a single effect but rather multiple effects. If you plan on going into cards there are several videos that teach basic slight of hands.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin is one of my all time favorite effects, it requires some sleight of hand, but it's not overwhelming by any extent.

This is a VERY good choice, though not on your list.

Odyssey is not too difficult, and it is an amazing looking effect when done right. Like most things, easy to do, but it will take time to perfect.

Invisible Card is much less visual, but is just as impossible. It hits people in a different way. You predict something you could have never known in an incredibly fair seeming fashion. Crazy little miracle.

Sub Rosa is less of a trick and more of a tool. It has many uses, and is a very valuable asset once you learn it. Not visual in and of itself, but it can be used to pull off all sorts of miracles. Imagine being able to deal yourself a royal flush right from a (really) spectator shuffled deck. Once you know Sub Rosa this is one of countless things you could do with it.

Hope this helps!

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results