Saturday Night Contest - Faking Odyssey

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you're having a great weekend! Before we get into tonight's contest, I want to thank everyone for making our 9th birthday extremely special. Your support is amazing, and without it, we wouldn't be able to do what we do. You guys keep us grounded, challenged, and inspired to keep pushing the envelope with every project we do.

One of our recent releases was ODYSSEY by Calen Morelli, a hyper-visual miracle years in the making. The method behind this effect is ingenious. The best part? It's EASY to learn - the handcrafted gimmick does the hard work for you! It’s a secret weapon you’ll never want to leave home without.

Tonight's contest is a fake exposure contest. That is, your challenge is to come up with the most RIDICULOUS, crazy, outside the box, laughable method for ODYSSEY. Then, film yourself teaching that ridiculous method to the world, and post the link in THIS forum thread.

Upload your video entry to YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 4th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on overall creativity. What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Points, and a deck of Gold Monarchs!

While this contest is lighthearted, the goal is to fill the web with FAKE exposure videos, making it more difficult for anyone to learn the real secret - aside from the creator himself, Calen Morelli. Together, tonight, we can make a real difference in the fight against magic exposure. Go for it!

Nov 10, 2014
Here's my entry! Hope y'all like it!

Disclaimer: I did not actually buy Odyssey, but I watch the trailer at least three times so I'm pretty sure this is the method.
When you said "Here is how it's going to look performed at full speed" I expected a clip from the trailer to show up.
Either way, good job.

To anyone who saw this comment and said "Oh I can put a clip from the trailer in mine like that" You are lazy and I am watching you.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
To anyone who saw this comment and said "Oh I can put a clip from the trailer in mine like that" You are lazy and I am watching you.

Nice jab Mcclintock. Although considering I didn't see your video until after the fact that I made mine. I would say it was purely coincidental that any of my content matched yours. I hope you win because I already have a deck of Gold Monarchs and almost 12,000 elite membership points. Anyone who knows me could vouch that I am not lazy and I do my best so, watch away.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Nice jab Mcclintock. Although considering I didn't see your video until after the fact that I made mine. I would say it was purely coincidental that any of my content matched yours. I hope you win because I already have a deck of Gold Monarchs and almost 12,000 elite membership points. Anyone who knows me could vouch that I am not lazy and I do my best so, watch away.
I had the same idea to splice in a clip of Calen performing it in my video...guess we all think alike :p Both of your videos were great btw.

Aug 26, 2015
The sad thing is, about six months ago I posted my full ring sleights routine performance on YouTube for an addition. But in the 14 hours that my "Reveal" has been on the web I have got about four times as many views as I had gotten six months with just a performance. This is showing that so many people are just trying to learn the method for free opossed to actually enjoying the performance of the magic.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
The sad thing is, about six months ago I posted my full ring sleights routine performance on YouTube for an addition. But in the 14 hours that my "Reveal" has been on the web I have got about four times as many views as I had gotten six months with just a performance. This is showing that so many people are just trying to learn the method for free opossed to actually enjoying the performance of the magic.
Proving again that the desire to know the secret is more powerful than being entertained by it. Have you gotten any hate over the video? :p

Nov 10, 2014
You've gotten a dislike on it. You are doing it right!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results