NB3 Nimbus PreRequisite Help

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
This may be the hardest flourish I've ever tackled.

Waterwheel, Flickershot behind the back, Cobra Cut - I've had no trouble with in comparison to Nimbus.

So I've been practicing this on and off since NB3 came out, but this week, I've spent everyday practicing the opening prerequisite one handed cut to Nimbus and have made absolutely zero progress.

I've read some threads on here and on Reddit where people have had difficulty too, and someone even posted a video with some help - however none of that has really benefitted and now since I'm a week in I'm worried I'm doing 'bad practice'. I hate bad practice as later on it means I have to re-learn it from scratch.

So the part I'm stuck on is after the initial flip of the under packet to the top. I can get my middle finger under, in preparation to flick out, however here is where I get stuck and have not really made any progress.
The packet held between the pinky and thumb seems to be blocking the bottom packet from being able to flick out. If the top packet is not there I can easily flick it out as it's basically the same as Mockingbird, but with the top packet in the way I just can't! I understand the top packet is meant to spin but it's just not happening.

I may have hit it like...5 times in the past week, but it was messy and I can't recreate it.

So any tips?

A few questions I have are;
  1. How much pressure should the pinky and thumb be exerting on the packet.
  2. How low on the long side of the packet should my ring finger be.
  3. How much of the top phalange should be sticking out around the packets.
  4. Why is this so damn hard? xD
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me crack this!

EDIT: Oops, this was meant to be posted in the Cardistry section. Any mods help move it? Thanks.

May 6, 2014
Honestly, i can't really say much as i have been having difficulty with the cut as well. But i have done it maybe once or twice. I recommend taking off 15-20 cards and trying it like that. You end up taking off a packet anyway to do the flourish. Another thing you should try is attempting the one handed cut, but use your other hand to help revolve the packet and eventually, you will be confident doing it with one hand. Hope this helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results