Saturday Night Contest - Celebrating Copperfield!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all have enjoyed your week! Yesterday, we celebrated David Copperfield's birthday. Together with his team, David has defined and re-defined magic for our generation and proved that NOTHING - in life or in magic - is impossible. David has been and continues to be an inspiration to all of us, and his iconic illusions over the past few decades have more than established his title as "the greatest illusionist of our time", as stated by Oprah Winfrey. From all of us to you, David, we wish you a very special and happy birthday!

To celebrate, all we want you guys to do is to tell us which Copperfield illusion is your favorite and why. It can be anything he has ever performed; we just want to hear why it was your favorite. Was it when he walked through the Great Wall of China? Made the Statue of Liberty disappear? Or was it when he took flight? Let us know!

Post your responses in THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 18th. Once time is up, we will pick one response at random to take home this week's prize.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

Which Copperfield illusion was your favorite and why? Let us know for a chance to take home the prize!

My favorite has always been his Berlin Wall trick (thats what ive always called it) his prediction trick on the brick wall. I have always had a soft spot for predictions as I love mentalism. And those types of predictions like writing a tweet with the audience, I really love those predictions, and my favorite magician (David) doing one of my favorite tricks (prediction) just nothing topes that.

Sep 17, 2016
United States
I remember being amazed at the walking through the Great Wall of China as a kid. Out of his His flight performance was also beautiful...

But truthfully, the one piece of magic that he performed that comes to mind first when I think of Copperfield, like literally the first one before I start thinking of his grand illusions, is actually a tiny trick. It was during his 1991 special. He did the card through the window routine with Jane Seymour in a train car. That trick has always stuck with me for some reason. So I'd have to say that is my favorite piece of magic by him.

I think the thing that made me love his performances though was the stories usually woven through them. The reason his illusions worked so well (for me) was how invested in it he seemed, how personal they seemed. The flight illusion performance is a great example of this talent.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I don't even know where to begin...David Copperfield has done so many grand illusions that it seems impossible to choose just one. What I love about his magic is that it tells a story, it draws you in and makes you literally forget about everything else. His ability to take things that he cares about, or things that he wanted in life and make them come true on stage through his magic is breathtaking and inspiring. It changed the way I look at life and at magic forever.

ALL of that being said I think I will have to go with Snow. It encompasses all that I said above and really brings you back to your own childhood. Truly beautiful.

Aug 4, 2015
Man...It would have to be his Statue of Liberty illusion. Why?

Because in the early days when I was first introduced to magic, I thought that all the tricks you could do were cup and balls, and something with a deck of cards. I had absolutely NO IDEA that magic could have that level of magnitude. I had no idea there was an art to it...a mental aspect. It was...

Amazing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results