Odyssey Ring Repair / Prevention

Aug 26, 2016
I have had my Odyssey Ring trick for like 2 weeks now. I put the "gimmick" in a little baggie, and put it in my pocket, and practice with it, and perform it when I have the chance. Well, I have noticed that the gimmick keeps "edging out" (if you own the ring, you know what I am referring to). Then, when I pulled it out of my pocket, one of them edged out and was sitting in the bottom of the baggie. So I have to superglue it to prevent this from happening. Maybe the gimmick should have received this treatment prior to shipping? Anyway, this is a cool trick, and I would hate to lose that component. If you own this thing, I would recommend the superglue treatment before you lose anything and end up with a gimmick that won't work after that.

Reactions: jugglerbailey

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I have had my Odyssey Ring trick for like 2 weeks now. I put the "gimmick" in a little baggie, and put it in my pocket, and practice with it, and perform it when I have the chance. Well, I have noticed that the gimmick keeps "edging out" (if you own the ring, you know what I am referring to). Then, when I pulled it out of my pocket, one of them edged out and was sitting in the bottom of the baggie. So I have to superglue it to prevent this from happening. Maybe the gimmick should have received this treatment prior to shipping? Anyway, this is a cool trick, and I would hate to lose that component. If you own this thing, I would recommend the superglue treatment before you lose anything and end up with a gimmick that won't work after that.

The part you are referring to IS glued into place prior to shipping. Due to the materials the ring is made from it can occasionally come loose. That said, you have already stumbled on to the easiest fix for it - a tiny dab of superglue. With regular use you may need to glue things again at some point, but that is an easy fix.

If your ring needs repair right away when you get it, let us know at https://www.theory11.com/support. The gimmick, of course, should be functional right away! Only heavy, consistent use should cause any parts to come loose.

// L

This happens to me all the time and the only solution I have found is super glue. If anyone has found any method of keeping the "special stuff" locked in place please share. I've had to re-glue it three times now and I don't even perform it that much.

TerryAdy

Elite Member
Sep 22, 2013
Nacogdoches, Texas
www.TerryAdy.com
I have a method to make the "special stuff" much more permenant, if you spend a bit of time thinking it through you'll be able to figure it out.

Hope you reach the end of the puzzle Tyler. Until you do, just keep going with superglue. It'll tide you over.

Best of luck guys.
✌️

TA

Sep 2, 2014
How often does the gimmick break? I didn't receive mine yet and after reading these posts I'm actually concerned about the durability of the gimmick.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
How often does the gimmick break? I didn't receive mine yet and after reading these posts I'm actually concerned about the durability of the gimmick.
No concern at all - if you have any trouble with your gimmick, ever - contact us and we'll make sure it's either fixed or replaced! We stand behind our work, and this gimmick will last you many years to come.

Reactions: Night6SrKn

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've had my gimmick for the past couple of days and from what I can tell, it should last a very very long time! I will however be getting an extra gimmick just so I can always have this on me. It's too good!

Aug 25, 2016
I superglued what had to be, but due to the nature of the ring, I lost both tiny parts.
Is there any replacement m**** available ?

Nov 12, 2017
Where can you get extra “special things” for the gimmick I lost mine a while ago and haven’t been able to find where to get them, really liked he great and rarely got to use it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results