How has magic changed you?

Sep 24, 2016
Hey! I've been practicing and performing magic for 3 years now. My question for you all in the magic community is: how has being a magician changed you and your world view?

For example, someone who does parkour may say: "from my parkour I have become physically and mentally stronger. Through my literal experience with falling down, I know that I fall down so that I can get back up again.

I'm curious to see your responses.

Thanks,
Chase

Jun 12, 2016
Arizona
This is a more personal topic, and I had a whole long-winded speech about my many problems as a kid. When looking back over what I wrote, however, it seemed like I was trying to tell you that I had a horrible childhood, -which I didn't,- and wanted you to feel sorry for me.

Long story short, since I was a kid, I was socially underdeveloped. I preferred to be alone and I ould rather stay in my own mind than actually live my life. Being often depressed or violent, I'm surprised anyone put up with me. I hated myself and I hated everyone who tried to help me. I'm much better now, - if you were wondering,- and although magic isn't the only reason I've improved, it's definitely been a large part of my life.

Reactions: faizpardesi
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results