A Guide to Proper Card Care: From Start to Finish

Dec 31, 2015
Recently I began a project to create an ebook on proper card care. As of now there are twenty tips, but that number is increasing. Here is the link to the first three pages: http://bit.ly/2eOAaNY
Now, my question, would you purchase this? Would you even be interested in it? And if so, what else do you want to see?

If you have any questions, let me know.

Reactions: Dean Magic
Oct 30, 2016
This is an article that has deemed itself worthy of speaking appropriately about card care. As a magician or individual who enjoys card flourishes then the awareness of how fast cards diminish is perceived. Take a look at this video and gain some knowledge regarding proper maintenance for your decks of playing cards.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Recently I began a project to create an ebook on proper card care. As of now there are twenty tips, but that number is increasing. Here is the link to the first three pages: http://bit.ly/2eOAaNY
Now, my question, would you purchase this? Would you even be interested in it? And if so, what else do you want to see?

If you have any questions, let me know.

When I started learning card magic, I did not put so much attention to cards. I could get cheap bikes at Costco for about 1.50$ a deck. But when I started collecting cards, I started to care a lot more about them, how to handle them, how to store them. I had a lot of questions. And the answers were spread across the web. I did not know where to find them, but they were there.

Would I found it useful?
When I started, I was seeking for the Holy Grail of card information giving making, stock, finish, and care, in a single reference. Now that I am used to using my cards and I know how long I can make them last, I don't need it anymore.

Would I have paid for it?
I am not sure I would have paid for it then. Mostly because the information was already out there, and I would have wanted a second opinion on this topic. And some things must be experienced, like "how long can a deck last" or "when does it become a poop deck" (which by the way is still very much useful for some things), and the answers to those will change with the liking of each individual.

Mar 6, 2015
Steven, it is very good work.

If I want to buy this ebook how much I need to pay?

It seems that photos in ebook don't reflect the subject.

Problem solving advises are good, but if a cardist want to moisten his hands, how can he do this? Perhaps giving more advise will be good.

Thanks for good work and yes, I can buy this ebook.

Dec 31, 2015
Steven, it is very good work.

If I want to buy this ebook how much I need to pay?

It seems that photos in ebook don't reflect the subject.

Problem solving advises are good, but if a cardist want to moisten his hands, how can he do this? Perhaps giving more advise will be good.

Thanks for good work and yes, I can buy this ebook.

I was looking into a pricetag that would be affordable for everyone. That being said it would cost either $0.99 or $1.99. Also, thank you for the input.

Neapersonal

Elite Member
Nov 11, 2016
Great topic, like you I was looking for one book that had basic info. I am a beginner but learning fast and have invested in beautiful cards (starting my own collection) but I am not always sure what card brand to use for different tricks. So maybe you could expand your topics to include different ways to alternate card types/brands based on the trick you are working on. Include visuals.

Dec 31, 2015
Great topic, like you I was looking for one book that had basic info. I am a beginner but learning fast and have invested in beautiful cards (starting my own collection) but I am not always sure what card brand to use for different tricks. So maybe you could expand your topics to include different ways to alternate card types/brands based on the trick you are working on. Include visuals.

Sounds to me like that is either something I'll make a bonus section, or a separate ebook entitled something like "Card Magic Tips".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results