Bottom dealing

Sep 17, 2016
So I've been working on card cheat techniques and gambling moves. The resources I've been using are the book "Expert at the Card Table" & the DVD "Mechanic" by Daniel Madison. I've been practicing for about 2 months & I've noticed that sometimes I can pull off the bottom deal without a hitch. Usually however the deck seems to slide down in my hands. It gets so loose that I can barley fair deal without dropping the deck. Anyone have any tips or advice? I'm a 31 year old man with average sized hands so I don't think hand size is the problem, I think I am doing something wrong.

Sep 17, 2016
Thanks guys, I'm really working on it a little bit each day. I want to get good at it and I'm fascinated by the gambling stuff for some reason so I'll keep working at it.

Oct 22, 2016
Lodi CA
You might want to check out Gerry Camaro On The Bottom Deal video. I prefer his methods on doing the bottom deal than anyone's elses. It's similar to the strike BD.

Best,

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
It will take years.
Well I learnt it at a reasonably high standard in 11 moths or so.
Although I spend at least 3hrs a day on one sleight, sometimes up 6 if I am really feeling dedicated (and if I have the day off of work)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Practicing too much is a thing. Your brain can literally only learn so much in any given time span - marathon practice sessions are detrimental to proper learning and will make it take longer.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Well I learnt it at a reasonably high standard in 11 moths or so
Would love to see it.
I think I spent years on minimizing the finger flash already. Achieving a nice rhythm, getting rid of the noise, dealing consecutive bottoms ... so many aspects that I find it hard to believe that you learnt all of this in under a year. But then again I don't know what you consider a high standard.

Here is mine:
Mechanics Grip Bottom

Gene Maze Bottom (Original Audio)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I sense a d**k-measuring contest coming, let me jump in and state that I have been doing card magic for about 3 years now. And my "Up The Ladder" speed is considerably slower than that of my friend Joeys. So that being said I would also like to see what's possible after 11 months. Here are my cuts as of today. https://www.instagram.com/p/BM4pX_7jbXp/

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
So that being said I would also like to see what's possible after 11 months. Here are my cuts as of today. https://www.instagram.com/p/BM4pX_7jbXp/
Looks good to me! Good job.

I sense a d**k-measuring contest coming
No but if someone claims to have reached a "high standard bottom deal" within only 11 month I'm more than intrigued. I have had a number of people (on this or other forums) in the past claiming to be BD experts yet recommending questionable learning sources or claiming to have "mastered" the BD within only X months. Sadly, every time I asked for a video I never received a response. Hopefully I will proven wrong this time.

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
I spent years on the Erdnase grip (and modified) only, and i am just about an "acceptable" level. Far from having took care completely of points like the noise, rythm, finger flash, dead thumb etc. but i'm working on them and i'm having some results during the years.
In 11 months i think i had only learned how to grip the deck.

PS: Here is my modest attempt (i made it today working on the sound), it's good to see there are people mastering the technique so that i never be satisfied of the study.
Note i didn't sail the cards, but due to the lack of time i decided that for the noise it was enough to deal in a pile. Not a proper demonstration but the bottoms are there.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Seems like we won't see the high standard bottom deal.

PS: Here is my modest attempt (i made it today working on the sound), it's good to see there are people mastering the technique so that i never be satisfied of the study.
Note i didn't sail the cards, but due to the lack of time i decided that for the noise it was enough to deal in a pile. Not a proper demonstration but the bottoms are there.
The rhythm is slightly off sometimes but the sound is pretty good. It wont' be noticable in a regular demo, I'm sure.

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
The rhythm is slightly off sometimes but the sound is pretty good. It wont' be noticable in a regular demo, I'm sure.

I believe one of the main issue is the structure itself of the Erdnase's BD, because the buckle on the fly takes away some time (may it be just thinking time due to the extra movement just before the take).
I think the strike BD (like Gene Maze's) is far superior, and it's smarter for me to start learning it properly rather than perfecting the Erdnase's. Time to move to the next step i guess, learning multiple techniques could help the overall outcome.
I'll work on the rhythm, actually it's a point that has to be trained for any of my false deals.
Thanks for your thoughts!

@Gabriel Z.:
Those are fine, with higher speed it'll get extremely deceptive. Those are from ETC if I'm not mistaken, check out also Giobbi's description if you haven't already, different (and easier, to me) handling and very pleasant to watch.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
@Gabriel Z.:
Those are fine, with higher speed it'll get extremely deceptive. Those are from ETC if I'm not mistaken, check out also Giobbi's description if you haven't already, different (and easier, to me) handling and very pleasant to watch.

Yep, that's the one from ECT. I also know the one from Roberto Giobbi's Card College. Yeah, I noticed that it is an easier handling than the one described in ECT. The more I practice the Up The Ladder Cuts(The focal point of my card work) the more I realize the genius of Charlie Miller. As for your bottom deal , not too shabby my friend.;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results