Saturday Night Contest - Seeing Red

Hi everyone,
this time i wanted to do something really particular with a very deep though behind it.

RED
This photo rappresents my point of view, with a lot of symbolic things.
Everithing has been placed there with coherent studies.

"RED" reminds me principally the word "Love" (that's why the ace of hearts is in the center of the composition), and obviously related to this there's the word "Temptation"(Red apple, gamble, cards).
Everithing is dictated by the time too. Infact there is a metronome on the top side that stands for the power of decision making. Every man has this power to choose wisely: doing good or bad actions. By so doing the time will proceed faster or slower if the time will be well or bad spent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNU5L-uBkX-/?taken-by=contestrunner

I hope you enjoy my work!
Sorry for grammatical mistakes, best of luck to everyone!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
All right. I have to back out of the contest this week.

I had a good idea. But it quickly started turning into a money pit, and I don't have the spare funds to continue it.

So. Good luck to everyone this week!

I really wanted to see it too. Maybe next time Brett. At least do something involving a red deck, how could you not enter with 6 of the new decks on the line.

Reactions: DominusDolorum

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Well now im intrigued as to what it was going to be!

I'll reveal it at the deadine!

I agree. Give it a shot, Brett! Often simplicity is the best way to go!

My lack of technical savvy in the realm of photo editing (as well as taking pictures in general); unless I can come into a contest like this with some sort of wacky idea, I'm sunk!

I really wanted to see it too. Maybe next time Brett. At least do something involving a red deck, how could you not enter with 6 of the new decks on the line.

I bought several decks and some superglue. After destroying one deck and using up the purchased superglue (and using up all the superuenon hand and using my wife's superglue...shh! Don't tell!). I assessed what I got done at that point and estimated what else I would need to finish it. Turns out, I would need a couple more decks and A LOT more superglue. Basically, it would become a fiscally damning to my already tiny magic budget.

I also have elite status and the gold pin. And if I continued, I would have sank almost enough to buy 6 of the NPH decks.

Ah well. Next week!

Dec 5, 2014
Here is my idea. The photo represents red's involvement and also their protection. The size of the red border gradually grows, starting small, representing individual help. Without the red border in the photo, the fire would burn the rope easily, destroying the cards. The size of the border does not matter. Every bit of help counts. That's the idea behind my picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVk4-Xh0yn/?taken-by=bradencarlisle&hl=en

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right. It's the deadline. So I can say this now.

I was going to make a suit (jacket and tie) out of cards.

NPH's character in How I Met Your Mother always wore suits. That was the aim.
I tried using what I learned when I made the Cerca Trova cake, but what I did manage to get done with one deck and A LOT of superglue did not pan out so well.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada

I tried using what I learned when I made the Cerca Trova cake, but what I did manage to get done with one deck and A LOT of superglue did not pan out so well.
That would have been legen - wait for it...dary!!

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
It was going to

It was going to be full sized and wearable I hope? That would have been awesome!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! Extremely difficult one to judge this week; a ton of you guys had some extraordinary entries. It took a bit of time to decide, but we have come to a winner. We selected this week's winner based on the criteria listed in the original post; which one encompassed the criteria the best overall. The winner this week goes to Fox13! We loved the balance of red used in the photo to create an intriguing setting. Congrats! Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to caseya7, Stu-pendous, marcopaso, and Haschich! You guys made this contest incredibly close and an amazing one to judge. Huge props to all of you! The bar just keeps getting higher and everyone steps up. Amazing to see!

See you guys on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results