Deck Design Help?

Dec 30, 2014
Hey everyone,

You may have seen my last post about my other design however I am letting that design rest for a while as I have more ideas about how to further this deck. I would really appreciate some feedback as to which colour scheme you most prefer (I know it's subjective but I want to see the consumers opinions). Any criticism would also be appreciated as well
smiley.gif
. The cards will also have custom faces! Would you back this project on kickstarter?
test forum.jpg

Thanks,
Toby
modify_inline.gif

shaitani

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2016
I think you might have a hard time getting people to back a Kickstarter on just backs alone.
In my personal taste and opinion, I don't fancy these back designs. I'm not a fan of backs that have lines that go to the edge for one thing. Then I'm also not a fan of your narrow parallel lines in the first 4 examples, feels like a lazy way to fill up the space to me. That said, it's hard to say what these would look like in a fan or spread, so that might end up being a strength I'm not seeing.

All of that said, I've bought decks just based on the tuck box, so we can probably give you better criticism if we have a tuck mock up and at least an idea of what you plan to do with the faces.

Dec 30, 2014
I think you might have a hard time getting people to back a Kickstarter on just backs alone.
In my personal taste and opinion, I don't fancy these back designs. I'm not a fan of backs that have lines that go to the edge for one thing. Then I'm also not a fan of your narrow parallel lines in the first 4 examples, feels like a lazy way to fill up the space to me. That said, it's hard to say what these would look like in a fan or spread, so that might end up being a strength I'm not seeing.

All of that said, I've bought decks just based on the tuck box, so we can probably give you better criticism if we have a tuck mock up and at least an idea of what you plan to do with the faces.
Ok thanks. I'm not planning on just Kickstarting the back design I just need some help choosing a colour scheme as the back design is required for the faces. Thanks for your input :)

shaitani

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2016
Ok thanks. I'm not planning on just Kickstarting the back design I just need some help choosing a colour scheme as the back design is required for the faces. Thanks for your input :)

I hope I'm being helpful instead of just complaining about things that don't speak to me personally.
But that said, I didn't talk about the color schemes, personally I like the top right one most, followed by the bottom left one. The top right one has a color scheme that I almost never see, and I can't even recall one off the top of my head at all that's like it.

Dec 30, 2014
I hope I'm being helpful instead of just complaining about things that don't speak to me personally.
But that said, I didn't talk about the color schemes, personally I like the top right one most, followed by the bottom left one. The top right one has a color scheme that I almost never see, and I can't even recall one off the top of my head at all that's like it.
You're definitely being helpful :) and I too like the top right the most, the design is still a work in progress and I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results