Riffle Fan Help

Oct 8, 2016
Hey guys,
so recently, I have been trying to learn the riffle fan, except I am completely failing at it:
1. I keep dropping the cards
2. I can't even get it to go 45 degrees before dropping my cards
So anyways, do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Nicholas Flamel

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
I've been dropping my cards a lot

You will... a lot! ;) The best way to get an even flow and nice round fan is to support the fan on the tip of your finger nail, which does not offer much friction to help hold the card, therefore balance is key and takes some experimentation to achieve.

Also note that you need a broken-in deck in good condition, that you can dribble evenly and that fans well, yet not too new so its not too slippery (which not help you much with dropping cards). Forget poop decks for this move.

Oct 8, 2016
You will... a lot! ;) The best way to get an even flow and nice round fan is to support the fan on the tip of your finger nail, which does not offer much friction to help hold the card, therefore balance is key and takes some experimentation to achieve.

Also note that you need a broken-in deck in good condition, that you can dribble evenly and that fans well, yet not too new so its not too slippery (which not help you much with dropping cards). Forget poop decks for this move.
Thanks! My deck is broken in and also in good condition, can dribble and fan well, so I think I'll just be experimenting a lot!

Jan 29, 2015
Thanks! My deck is broken in and also in good condition, can dribble and fan well, so I think I'll just be experimenting a lot!
Practice like crazy! And don't give up! It personally took me three months of fiddling with the riffle fan everyday to get it to where it is now.
So don't be disapointed if you don't get it for a while. Other then practicing a ton, i'd say tilt the finger you're pivoting the cards on downwards a little. The gravity helps get the cards flowing when you're starting out. GOODLUCK!

Oct 8, 2016
Practice like crazy! And don't give up! It personally took me three months of fiddling with the riffle fan everyday to get it to where it is now.
So don't be disapointed if you don't get it for a while. Other then practicing a ton, i'd say tilt the finger you're pivoting the cards on downwards a little. The gravity helps get the cards flowing when you're starting out. GOODLUCK!
Thanks for the tip! Your riffle fans are great!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results