Need help with assisted living home show

Dec 5, 2016
Tennessee
tjfritts.com
I learned to hit home runs by putting home run swings on foul ball pitches. This is no different. It sounds like the venue wasn't set configured to a magic show. If any kind of magic show it'd have had to been almost like a restaurant gig walking table-to-table. In this, person to person. You couldn't have known that up front and truly, the person who booked you should've given you a hint about what they're set up for. "Oh, we're not going to do any audience management so if you have close-up and strolling work, that's what I'd bring." Since so many people cut their teeth on card effects, that'd have been the best advice they could give anybody.

My opinion, you didn't let anybody down but the facility let you down. I do my best "bad performances" when I'm going into it being led to believe it's one thing and it turns out to be entirely something different.

Advantage? Now you know exactly what the facility works like. If you can, book another gig and since you'd basically go person-to-person you could float around the room and put on a mini-show for everyone one at a time or in small splinter cells groups. Sometimes failing in a space is better than having a "fair" show that didn't teach you anything. Now you know you've got a good read on the space and the configuration.

It might be handy to make sure they're not going to overhaul the joint, but that's pretty unlikely. As a guy who lost his mom in a nursing home very recently, I sincerely appreciate your effort and I'll back you as far as I can for that effort.

Oct 19, 2015
Brett....how did the audience react? Sometimes, we do better then we thought....rethink what reactions you got, any comments, or what?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results