Jun 21, 2013
Hi all! I was just looking for some feedback regarding Decoy by Eoin O'Hare vs. Reduction by Nicholas Lawrence. Does anybody have both or maybe can shed some light on some pros & cons of both. Is the gimmick convincing when done live? Thanks!

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Decoy is not practical for real world use. I own it and you are only paying for the secret and the very cool gimmick.

May 6, 2014
Decoy is a cool way to perform the diminishing deck but you need to be able to handle the angles perfectly or they will see the gimmick. Its good on camera but probably not live. Hope this helps!

I actually use Decoy pretty often in my strolling work. I ring it into my deck using Paul Harris' Free Ride from Art of Astonishment, Book 3. Prior to using Decoy, I used Aaron Fisher's Panic, but I prefer the visual and tactile vanish of the deck that Decoy offers; I often let the participant gently push on the deck so they can see and feel the cards disappear.

I can see why some wouldn't view this as practical for real world settings, but where there's a will, there's a way. The choreography/handling of the effect I perform rings the gimmick in and out of the deck pretty effectively so it's never "in my way" when not in use. I feel like that was always the common criticism in others' reviews.

RS.

Jun 21, 2013
I actually use Decoy pretty often in my strolling work. I ring it into my deck using Paul Harris' Free Ride from Art of Astonishment, Book 3. Prior to using Decoy, I used Aaron Fisher's Panic, but I prefer the visual and tactile vanish of the deck that Decoy offers; I often let the participant gently push on the deck so they can see and feel the cards disappear.

I can see why some wouldn't view this as practical for real world settings, but where there's a will, there's a way. The choreography/handling of the effect I perform rings the gimmick in and out of the deck pretty effectively so it's never "in my way" when not in use. I feel like that was always the common criticism in others' reviews.

RS.

Hey thanks for the feedback :) it sounds like a pretty interesting routine. I guess I should look into decoy some more lol I just need to pass it off as an actual deck in front of spectators.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results