How to start conversation with people...

Jul 27, 2016
Mexico
Hi! I have some trouble... when I go to a mall and wanna start doing magic I don't know how to start.
I've tried just saying "Hello, my name is Eduardo, wanna see a magic trick?" and sometimes they say yes, but I think I'm kinda childly so I wonder how do you start, whats your punch line or something.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Just be a person. Start a conversation. Don't lead with your props, lead with YOU.

Walk up, say hi, have a quick chat, then lead the conversation to the subject which allows you to perform.

The quickest and simplest way I know of is CQI. Compliment, Question, Introduction. "Hey, you guys look fun. Have you ever heard of hypnosis? My name is Christopher and I'm a performer." That's an example that I may use but you should come up with your own stuff.

Jul 14, 2016
Pretty much is what Christopher just said. Go up to them have a friendly chat. Say hi and you can just simply say so how's your day going. Ask about what they've bought or compliment them. One time I was at the mall with friends and I had a deck of cards that's exactly what I did. Went up to a group of people said hi asked about what they bought naturally they showed me some of their cloths and I'm just like those are awesome I'm betting they look great on you. After they asked what I bought so I brought out my cards and they asked if I played poker, told them I was a Magician and they asked me if I could show them something. If you build a rapport from the start people will be more willing to let you show them something. I used to just approach people and say hey wanna see magic or wanna see something cool and most of the time they denied me. Another thing I could tell you is look at their body language if they seem busy or Annoyed those people will most likely turn you down. Like always be confident, with yourself and your approach and remember that not everyone will want to see magic. If they say no then move on to the next group no harm done.

Reactions: ProAma
Jul 27, 2016
Mexico
Pretty much is what Christopher just said. Go up to them have a friendly chat. Say hi and you can just simply say so how's your day going. Ask about what they've bought or compliment them. One time I was at the mall with friends and I had a deck of cards that's exactly what I did. Went up to a group of people said hi asked about what they bought naturally they showed me some of their cloths and I'm just like those are awesome I'm betting they look great on you. After they asked what I bought so I brought out my cards and they asked if I played poker, told them I was a Magician and they asked me if I could show them something. If you build a rapport from the start people will be more willing to let you show them something. I used to just approach people and say hey wanna see magic or wanna see something cool and most of the time they denied me. Another thing I could tell you is look at their body language if they seem busy or Annoyed those people will most likely turn you down. Like always be confident, with yourself and your approach and remember that not everyone will want to see magic. If they say no then move on to the next group no harm done.
Thank you! yeah I knew the fact about body language (a lot of rejections/experience) I'll try with just talking normally and then the magic.

Reactions: ProAma
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results