World's Greatest Card Trick?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Really, because a member of the Magic Castle who attends quite frequently told me it was not. I'm assuming that you attend there quite often?

Really, because a member of the Magic Castle who attends quite frequently told me it was not. I'm assuming that you attend there quite often?

I dont go, I live in New Zealand, but my friend who sent me the video in the first place said it was. (Yes he is a magician, NZ Close Up Champ 06) So I dont think he would lie. And why would they called it the Magic Castle on the Video?

Oh Well, doesnt really matter, does it?

Cheers, Tom

Nov 22, 2007
Half way through I realized you could create some good stories by jumbling up playing cards. Like the king sends three- armed four-tune tellers? I mean he pulled that off well considering he dropped the cards.

Sep 1, 2007
I think theres an actual trick CALLED, "the worlds greatest card trick".

some guy (blackstone? maybe) performed it for pres. Truman 6 times in a row...

it's the one where you let a person deal out cards face down randomly into two piles, red and black, and when you turn them over they've psychically picked red and black perfectly!

i got it from some "street magic" book my mom got me at costco. does anyone know the real name of this trick, or is it seriously "the worlds greatest card trick". thansk

Sep 2, 2007
I think theres an actual trick CALLED, "the worlds greatest card trick".

some guy (blackstone? maybe) performed it for pres. Truman 6 times in a row...

it's the one where you let a person deal out cards face down randomly into two piles, red and black, and when you turn them over they've psychically picked red and black perfectly!

i got it from some "street magic" book my mom got me at costco. does anyone know the real name of this trick, or is it seriously "the worlds greatest card trick". thansk
I believe it's actually called "Out of this World," at least from what I've read. Although, there could be variations of it, which may have resulted in the incongruous names. The focal facet of the trick is the same, however.

It has flabbergasted the likes of Churchill, Batman, Barney, the Silver Power Ranger, and JTM.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
No this isnt called the World's greatest card trick, is was ment as a question, Is this the world's best card trick?

And there is a trick called WGCT, isnt it the one where you ask some one to chose a card, they look at it, put it back in the pack, *snaP*you spread the deck and one card changes colour and it's their card, you take that card out and place it to the side. You go on to repeat the trick with a different card, goes into the middle, *snap* but a card doesnt change colout, patter, patter, patter. Oh there is one different coloured card, that one over there, thats been there the whole time, yes it is.

Cheers, Tom
Ps. and the above trick you described is called out of this world.

Aug 31, 2007
Harry Green performed Out of This World to WInston Churchill on that fateful night.

Tom Powell, the trick you just described is Al Leech's Red Hot Momma, but known on Youtube as The World's Greatest Card Trick.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
oh thanks for the correction guys, yeah the book I got from costco was REALLY cheesy so I'm not sure how factual all the names are, but that is a great trick. totally gets people when you do it, because they basicaly do the whole trick... all you do is shuffle the cards :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results