Favorite trick no longer on the market

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
Just to start a conversation, what is your favorite trick that is either sold out or was taken off the market for one reason or another? For instance I really liked Chris Ramsey's "pocket" and I understand why it was taken off the market but I thought his handling of it came together better than envy-lope. There was also an effect several years ago where you freeze a quarter and I forget the name of it, although I am certain there are other variations, I did find it enjoyable to perform.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Smashed by Jay Sankey was awesome. Lost it when we moved. I've seen it on Amazon...but for whatever reason it says "it can't be delivered to this address".
It doesn't exist in Jay's store either. In regards to freezing a quarter, there is a gimmick out now that does that. However the reviews I've seen prove the gimmicks to be big and bulky.

Just to start a conversation, what is your favorite trick that is either sold out or was taken off the market for one reason or another? For instance I really liked Chris Ramsey's "pocket" and I understand why it was taken off the market but I thought his handling of it came together better than envy-lope. There was also an effect several years ago where you freeze a quarter and I forget the name of it, although I am certain there are other variations, I did find it enjoyable to perform.
You are thinking of Frozen by Adam Grace. I have that effect and I think it's pretty good. Sansminds took the concept a bit further with Absolute Zero but I haven't gotten to try Absolute Zero out myself. I think I will just stick with Frozen for the time being.

Quantum Space is my favorite effect that is no longer on the market. Every time I perform it I get great reactions (love the wtf looks I get). It's the best version of Sharpie Thru Card in my opinion.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Easily half of the books and such I buy are limited edition so most of what I do is currently off the market.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Smashed by Jay Sankey was awesome. Lost it when we moved. I've seen it on Amazon...but for whatever reason it says "it can't be delivered to this address".
It doesn't exist in Jay's store either. In regards to freezing a quarter, there is a gimmick out now that does that. However the reviews I've seen prove the gimmicks to be big and bulky.

I've had Smashed for so many years, I'm pretty sure it's lying around somewhere. If I can find it, I'd be willing to part with it!

The one routine I can think of is Houdini's Influence by Wayne Houchin. It's actually back on the market now and my incredible girlfriend got it for me for my birthday, but you couldn't get it for several years. I remember meeting Wayne and seeing him perform it and I wasn't able to purchase it that day. By the time I had the money and wanted to get it, I couldn't anymore.

Reactions: CWhite

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I've had Smashed for so many years, I'm pretty sure it's lying around somewhere. If I can find it, I'd be willing to part with it!

The one routine I can think of is Houdini's Influence by Wayne Houchin. It's actually back on the market now and my incredible girlfriend got it for me for my birthday, but you couldn't get it for several years. I remember meeting Wayne and seeing him perform it and I wasn't able to purchase it that day. By the time I had the money and wanted to get it, I couldn't anymore.

Let me know, maybe we can work something out!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results