Card production

Jan 29, 2017
hey guys! i'm new here to theory11 so i was wondering if any of you guys have ideas on 'how to produce a deck of cards, and then an opening card trick' my friends and I are doing a magic show, just a little parlour magic. It would be a great you guys help me out

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Sudden Deck 1, 2 and 3 by David Regal are all good.

Empty by Marcus Eddie is popular but it is a smaller effect.

Alumin by Mathieu Bich requires a table

Loaded by Marcus Eddie is nice as well

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
3D Advertising by Henry Evans is also really good. I use it to produce a deck in one of my stage routines, but it looks just as good in close-up and parlor.

Yep, that one's awesome! I was trying to think of this but forgot the name of the trick. Thanks for posting!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
is there any that doesn't involved gimmicks? or have a tutorial?

What do you want your audience to see? It seems like you are looking for something more specific but I need to know what you want.

So far I have that:
-You want to produce a deck of cards
-You don't want to use gimmicks
- You want a free tutorial

Is this correct? If it is, it limits what you can do substantially. Really, all of the productions named above produce an ungimmicked deck but the box usually has some work put into it. Are you opposed to using other props?

Reactions: DGod

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
You know, like an easy deck production, because i'm just new at card magic

As far as i know there is no real way to produce a deck from an empty box without a gimmick. The only thing i assume would be close to what you're asking was if you just hid the deck in a tenkai palm and dropped it into your opposing hand with a wave, anything else would most likely require some sort of gimmick

Reactions: Josh Burch

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Try putting the deck up your sleeve, show your hands empty and anounce that you have an invisible deck of cards. Pretend to toss an invisible deck towards your audience. When they catch it let the deck fall down your sleeve in your cupped hand. Ask them to toss the deck back and mime catching it producing the deck at your finger tips.

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Jan 29, 2017
Try putting the deck up your sleeve, show your hands empty and anounce that you have an invisible deck of cards. Pretend to toss an invisible deck towards your audience. When they catch it let the deck fall down your sleeve in your cupped hand. Ask them to toss the deck back and mime catching it producing the deck at your finger tips.
Like this! Thank You for the idea! I appreciate it so much, thank you so much for helping me guys

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I want to see them that i don't have a deck of cards and magically appear at my own hands

The sleeve idea or the tenkai ideas are both pretty solid then. They will take a little practice but you can get them down!

Jan 29, 2017
One more question. Do you any of you have a good idea of a kicker at the end of an Ambitious Card Routine, like the card will teleport to an impossible location?, except for card to pocket, card to box and card to shoe

Jan 29, 2017
I'm wondering. Is there any other possible method on Producing a Deck of Cards just by using Sleight of Hands? That doesn't need to use any gimmicks? Because I try Using Tenkai to Palm a Deck of Cards but it is hard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results