What's the Best Mentalism DVD for Beginners with a Devastating Effect?

JPT

Sep 14, 2007
Philippines
ive been performing magic for almost two years, and most of my effect came from David Blaine, W:H, Daniel Garcia and other magicians that I admire doing magic. But the best mentalism effect aside from David Blaine and W:H?.. probably for advance or intermediate magicians like me.

Hopefully all of you can help me.
Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas and God Bless

- JPT

What style of mentalism did you want to go for? Do you want to avoid playing cards, do you want to avoid props altogether or was there a particular theme of mentalism that you wanted (mind-reading, precognition, psychokinesis)?

Don't forget that with a bit of creative thinking, many magic effects can be recast as mentalism.

If you are just starting out mentalism pick up a copy of Annemann's Practical Mental Magic. There's some awesome billet work in there. Remember - anything in mentalism can devastate. There's so much work to it apart from the actual trick itself, keep that in mind. Also take a look at Fundamentals by Robert Cassidy. 13 Steps is also good, but some people may get bored by it. It's got a TON of ideas and awesome material but it's upto YOU to put it together and make it work.

PSI Series Volume 1 and 2 deals with casual mentalism and some simple effects (can be found in many books as well) and gives you a visual on how stuff is performed. Osterlind's Easy to Master Mental Miracles series is also definitely worth taking a look at.

Hope this helps a bit. There's SO much more to mentalism than Blaine and W:H, once you get more into it, you'll understand more to this very intriguing and powerful branch of magic.

Cheers,

AJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results