Invisible Deck Gimmick

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I purchased an Invisible Deck from Ellusionist.com

It's an amazing trick, I know - but the gimmick that makes it work started to 'faulter' within a week (you'll know what I mean if you have an Invisible Deck)

I've found the gimmick on another site and I've a question about applying to the cards, although it may be some form of exposure if I do ask it - it's quite revealing.

Can someone with an Invisible Deck PM me?

I'd really appreciate it.

~The Emogician~

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Don't think it's exposure, since at The Cafe this topic is brought up a lot.

I make my own invisible decks....and have been since I bought my first Invisible Deck and realized it was much cheaper to buy the deck and the stuff needed to make it.

I'll PM you with tips on what to do.

Sep 9, 2007
My invisible deck has been pretty good, so far through medium use for about a month now. Just handle it carefully.

I'm told there's a couple of ways to replenish/make your own, but the ones i've tried weren't that great. anyone have a good tutorial? what do you use. I've tried a couple of different things, none of which provide the right amount of...well, you know....

pm me.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Just so you know...I bought an original Invisible Deck with red backs almost 2 years ago.... been using it at every magic show I do...and have done it COUNTLESS times at school and at home for family and friends....I've had to renew it about 3 times....mostly just a few cards, more commonly chosen ones....and the deck is going strong. I like the way it looks when it's a bit more used, as opposed to a spanking new crisp deck....just looks more normal.

The stuff I use isn't the stuff you can buy at a magic shop....I use the SAME EXACT stuff, just without the label on it...and it's like half the price. Super easy to make / fix a deck. I've got a friend who has found another alternative way to make / fix a deck using something COMPLETELY different, but works just as good. The beauty about his way is you can do it anywhere, and it packs really small.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Clear Acryclic Spray has worked like a miracle for me. Last January, I had my Invisible Deck in my inner coat pocket, and unfortunately got in a snowball fight. Somehow, a snowball hit my inside pocket, and ruined my Invisible Deck. So, I went to Wal-Mart, got some spray and a deck, and made my own. I must say, however, that I could never make them quite as well as when I bought it. I may just have to pick up a new one... they're only $5 over on Penguin, anyway.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Well...maybe the problem is because it's not clear acrylic spray you use to make them.....wouldn't that make them kind of tacky? or.....sticky?

I don't see how the acrylic paint would be very reliable. The stuff that I use is made for gimmicking cards. It's not a spray either. So it works like a dream. I've made probably 10 invisible decks, forcing decks, brain wave decks, and just about any other type possible. So by the time you make a few you already paid for the "stuff". Plus you can use any cards. Guardian Invisible Decks are pretty awesome!

So all you pay for is the price of the cards. It's a lot cheaper.

Nate

Sep 9, 2007
I don't see how the acrylic paint would be very reliable. The stuff that I use is made for gimmicking cards. It's not a spray either. So it works like a dream. I've made probably 10 invisible decks, forcing decks, brain wave decks, and just about any other type possible. So by the time you make a few you already paid for the "stuff". Plus you can use any cards. Guardian Invisible Decks are pretty awesome!

Nate

are you doing it the oldschool way with gum arabic and cotton balls? anyone got the recipe for that?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe

Nate

It's actually very reliable. It costs about $7 for a can that will last you at least 50 Invisible Decks... that will last you more than a lifetime. Just for all you mathematically impaired... that's about 14 cents per deck, without the cost of the deck. If you factor in the cost of the deck (anywhere from about 92 cents to $2.50 for a normal Bike deck), that's anywhere from $1.04 per Invisible Deck at best... $2.64 per Invisible Deck at worst. Not very bad prices for an almost unlimited supply of Invisible Decks for the rest of your life.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results