SvenPad, Smoke 2.0 and Odyssey questions

Oct 23, 2016
Singapore
I went to a local magic shop to purchase SvenPad and Smoke 2.0, and ordered Odyssey (they don't carry Size 7 so they need to specially order it for me, which will arrive in a week or two). It was a magical place, by the way, so I was rather thrilled when I learnt about the existence of that shop!

Anyway! Yes, I have the SvenPad (wahoo!) but I haven't used it yet because while reading through and all, I realised that I can only have one force. I would like to actually do more than 1 force and I would like to know if there is a way to do it. So please PM me if you are able to, I have some basic idea of how I should after talking to another local magician but he said it isn't a foolproof solution.

Secondly, I've been charging Smoke 2.0 for more than 7 hours. About 4 hours on the PC (which I read that is extremely slow and I should rely on a wall charger) and the remaining 3 hours was done on a wall charger (specifically an iPad charger), but it is still red...how long do I have to charge it? I texted the guy at the magic store (he gave me his number in case I needed to ask something about the products and reservations), he said I should try using it and see if it works. I did, and it worked. But the light is still red, meaning it isn't fully charged yet...did something unusual happen?

Lastly, while waiting for Odyssey, I couldn't help but look at the many YouTube performance on it, I have also purchased Night Crawler by CF Yuen. It is about ring tricks. I'm actually wondering if I can use the gimmicked ring to perform the tricks, or is it advisable for me to use the non-gimmicked ring to perform the tricks on Night Crawler and ONLY, ONLY, ONLY use the gimmicked ring for Odyssey tricks?

Do give your input because I'd love to hear them and thank you all in advance for the responses in case I can't read them in time.

Reactions: BrettBarry
B

BrettBarry

This is Brett Barry - the creator of the original SvenPads. Let me try to help:

1. You can easily force multiple items with one pad. The easiest method was used by Oz Pearlman on AGT: State that you have a book of 50 male celebrities all written. Show them. BUT on the FORCE pages (short pages) you could have "Tom Cruise" and in parenthesis... (TOP GUN). This give you an extra HIT that the audience has no idea how you received it.

2. ALL SvenPad buyers are more than welcome to ask to join our private Facebook users group. We have many extra tips from the world's top pros, extra videos, PDFs and so much more - with over 900+ members. Just request to join. You may be asked for proof of ownership.

3. Check out the brand new (released today) eXtreme SvenPad Supreme BOOK! Over 324 pages of new handlings, routines and ideas.

http://eepurl.com/cBSSob

Thanks for supporting Theory 11 and the world's #1 forcing tool.
Please open your mind - your SvenPads offer UNLIMITED potential.

I went to a local magic shop to purchase SvenPad and Smoke 2.0, and ordered Odyssey (they don't carry Size 7 so they need to specially order it for me, which will arrive in a week or two). It was a magical place, by the way, so I was rather thrilled when I learnt about the existence of that shop!

Anyway! Yes, I have the SvenPad (wahoo!) but I haven't used it yet because while reading through and all, I realised that I can only have one force. I would like to actually do more than 1 force and I would like to know if there is a way to do it. So please PM me if you are able to, I have some basic idea of how I should after talking to another local magician but he said it isn't a foolproof solution.

Secondly, I've been charging Smoke 2.0 for more than 7 hours. About 4 hours on the PC (which I read that is extremely slow and I should rely on a wall charger) and the remaining 3 hours was done on a wall charger (specifically an iPad charger), but it is still red...how long do I have to charge it? I texted the guy at the magic store (he gave me his number in case I needed to ask something about the products and reservations), he said I should try using it and see if it works. I did, and it worked. But the light is still red, meaning it isn't fully charged yet...did something unusual happen?

Lastly, while waiting for Odyssey, I couldn't help but look at the many YouTube performance on it, I have also purchased Night Crawler by CF Yuen. It is about ring tricks. I'm actually wondering if I can use the gimmicked ring to perform the tricks, or is it advisable for me to use the non-gimmicked ring to perform the tricks on Night Crawler and ONLY, ONLY, ONLY use the gimmicked ring for Odyssey tricks?

Do give your input because I'd love to hear them and thank you all in advance for the responses in case I can't read them in time.

Oct 23, 2016
Singapore
*gasp* The creator of the SvenPad just replied to my topic!

Thanks for the invite and acceptance, I've joined the FB group as you have earlier suggested! I now have an understanding of how you managed to get x2 force. One of the method I have earlier discussed with another magician (please filter, delete or moderate the message if it break any rules...?)

Is to segregate the SvenPad into several 'layers' or 'chapters'. So the first third would be "Movies", second third would be "Characters" and the third third would be "Most memorable quote". Eg, we force, "Terminator", "Arnold Schwarzenegger" and "I'll be back".

So we will get the audience to select a movie, and a character, and a quote. Of which they are all forced. The only problem comes from if the audience flip the pages or that they will end up with the "same page" of characters (if they flipped the "first third" twice).

The Smoke 2.0 issue has been somewhat resolved after e-mailing Support, which was very helpful! So I'm just gonna monitor how the gimmick works first before anything else.

Lastly, does anyone have an answer for Odyssey?

I 'hate' gimmicks and I don't like relying on 'tools' to "get the job done" but apparently some of these gimmicks/tools are just to fun to pass up!

P.S: I just ordered Departure, it looks really fun!

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
It is about ring tricks. I'm actually wondering if I can use the gimmicked ring to perform the tricks, or is it advisable for me to use the non-gimmicked ring to perform the tricks on Night Crawler and ONLY, ONLY, ONLY use the gimmicked ring for Odyssey tricks

Im a huge advocate for Odyssey and i still love the gimmick but after maybe, im not sure? 80 performances? im starting to find a few flaws with it. Namely the gimmick ring and ungimmicked ring look NOTHING alike and spectators always notice if a switch takes place. Im not sure why calen would make the ungimmicked ring a really reflective metal when the high gloss finish on the gimmick doesnt get even close.

The gimmicked ring really isnt good for performing non Odyssey tricks *Mainly anything that requires a hard stiff ring* and in general i would advise ditching the gimmick and switching to card tricks for a few minutes so it gives them time to forget what the ring looked like, maybe then do your next ring routine and then hand the ungimmicked ring out for inspection.

I never get "caught" per-say but people defiantly have their suspicions and are more often than not accurate

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results