Getting started with coins and rings

Oct 10, 2015
Awesome. Just Awesome. I love the bookshelves in front of the bookshelves. So how many of those books are magic related?

We should start a thread showing magic collections / magic rooms. It would be interesting to see other people's stashes. Mine isn't nearly as eclectic or interesting since it is contained in two closets and all the props are stored in plastic tubs.
I for one would find that thread very intriguing!

Feb 26, 2017
Hi
These are the best rings to be made from the most common material. I have been making coin rings for a few weeks now. My aunt got me started by saying how she loved her ring she made As a child. I was touched and spent countless hours and coins trying an trying to re create it. I made my brother in laws brother a set of these for wedding rings.
Tools and cost:
Tap and die punch set- 25$ harbor freight
Steel hammer- 15$ any store with tools
Nylon tear drop mallet- 10$ harbor freight
Mandrel- amazon.com 15$
Torch and propane- 25$ any tool store and camping section if Walmart or sporting goods.
Coin- any country any coin. USA coins before 1964 are 90% silver, 10% copper. Post 1965 are made from 90% copper and 10% nickel.

Jan 9, 2017
Hello community:

I am new learning magic. Have learning and practicing with cards, but to keep it fun and try different things I have been adviced to also learn some coins and rings magic.

The thing is I have no idea where to get started. I don't mean by some gimmicks but learn the basics.

Can you help me with that?

Don't forget rope Magic. A great guy is a Frenchman named Tabary

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
You can learn basic coin sleights and actually use a lot of the same moves for finger ring magic! It is pretty similar! As for ring stuff, check out:
-"Ring thing" by Garrett Thomas
-"Circuit" by Zach Heath
-"Divorce" by Justin Miller

Coin magic I would suggest:
-"Bobo's Modern Coin Magic"
-"Imagination Coins" by Garrett Thomas
-"Metal Series" by Eric Jones

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results