Walk around Mentalism trick today

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Corbuzier's Free Will - Perfect for walk around. @RickEverhart recommended it to me and I know he uses a lot in his walkaround sets.

You Pick My Card in Kirk Charles's Hidden in Plain Sight is one that stumps spectators. You need a gimmicked deck which should be obvious is you look at any description of the book.

Rich Ferguson's This is Mentalism has some great stuff that works close-up or for a stand-up performance including Alpha Pack and Security. He also teaches the TOXIC calculator force can be used close-up.

Anything in Max Maven's Prism is gold. You will pick up several pieces of great mentalism in that book.

If you want to find stuff that nobody else is performing, download all of the issues of The Jinx from lybrary.com or the Conjuring Arts Research Center.

Reactions: eliascaress

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Free Will is very strong when performed correctly. I've been using it for years! Thanks for the shout out Reality One. Ha. Instant reset by placing all items back in your pocket or a little velvet bag and move to your next table or group.
A lot of bang for your buck.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Thanks Josh. I have not seen this yet. I believe is it is similar to Free Will based on reading down through the description. I may have to snag one of these. :)
Yep, it's an easy mechanical version of the trick. That's why I posted it. Not that there's a problem with any of the other versions out there. I have a version that I have written up and I know Mark Eldson has some work on it as well.

Feb 4, 2015
Haha funny meeting you here Josh.
Thank you all for the suggestions. I decided to practice my center tear, thanks Grant
Reatilyone, 'You Pick My Card' has been one of my favorite card tricks for years. I just wanted to beef up my non-card walk-around material.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I do a routine with a super simple angle proof peak and then "read the spectator's mind".
It is 100% impromptu, and literally is over before the trick begins. I normally need 1 slight to accomplish it, and it is completely invisible. I do it as a very easy trick, or when someone catches me off guard. It also helps deal with hecklers.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Another thing you could do is using a coin. Simply have a coin palmed with the date memorized, ask the spectators to pull out some change, have them choose the same coin, do a switch, pretend to mind read the date, then give it back. Best part, you already have a coin palmed for another effect.

Also, I saw this on YouTube the 0ther day, created by 52Kards. It is brilliantly simple. You may enjoy it:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results