A Dice... Any Dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2015
Here is an explanation of an arithmetical magic trick from the book of Zati Sungur.

"My friends, here are three dice and a box. Please put them in that box, close it and shake the box." Audience put the dices into box, close box lid and shake. "Please open the box... Do not show dices to me." Audience opens the box. "Allright, I don't see dices... Now friends we do a basic arithmetical process, like as adding and multiplication. If you want you can use a calculator. Here is a calculator... You don't want to use? Allright... Now my friend, please multiply the number of a dice, any dice by two... Don't say anything to me... Well, now add five to multiplication... Allright, now multiply the sum by five. Please add ten to multiplication. Don't say anything to me. Now, add the number of second dice to the sum. Multiply that sum by ten... Now please add the number of third dice to the sum. May I learn that sum?" Audience say the sum of this arithmetical process. Say, it is 913. Magician subtract 350 from the total and it is 563. "Friends, the numbers of the dices are five, six and three."

Example of process (If dice numbers are 5, 6 and 3):
5×2=10+5=15×5=75+10=85
6+85=91×10=910
3+910=913-350=563 (5, 6, 3 on dices)

Logic of process:
First dice number ×2=(sum1)+5=(sum2)×5=(sum3)+10=(sum4)
Second dice number+(sum4)=(sum5)×10=(sum6)
Third dice number+(sum6)=(sum7)-350=Numbers on dices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results