About the Black Lions Seconds

Mar 4, 2017
Hey guys. I'm am intermediate magician and I love playing cards. I've had my eyes on the cards produced by David Blaine. However, living in India, playing cards are pretty hard to come by and shipping it from the US costs twice the amount of the price of the cards itself. But since I am adamant on cards by David Blaine, I thought of getting a few decks.

I wanted to know if the Black Lions Seconds are really worth buying? I understand that there are 'defects' in the deck but can they be overlooked?

Thank You.

Mar 2, 2016
United States
Hey guys. I'm am intermediate magician and I love playing cards. I've had my eyes on the cards produced by David Blaine. However, living in India, playing cards are pretty hard to come by and shipping it from the US costs twice the amount of the price of the cards itself. But since I am adamant on cards by David Blaine, I thought of getting a few decks.

I wanted to know if the Black Lions Seconds are really worth buying? I understand that there are 'defects' in the deck but can they be overlooked?

Thank You.

Seconds are usually ones that have minor defects (maybe the shading of the color is off, or it's slightly off-center) however they are perfectly fine for use. If they truly had serious defects, David Blaine would not be selling them.

Hope this helps!

Feb 18, 2015
Yeah its just that one of the cards has a slight misalignment with the deck, which means that the decks edges might have a mini edge. That actually could be used to the advantage for cutting to a card lol.

Feb 18, 2017
I just purchased the seconds deck and the design on the back is slightly misaligned. However it is hardly noticeable and you won't be able to see it unless you're looking for it. As for how the deck is, it's my favorite deck by far! The way the cards feel and move are incredible and all the secrets in the deck are awesome. I would highly suggest the cards.

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
Buy them. They are the same as all his others except with the missed aligned king of diamonds. Thing about this "seconds" deck is that it is not a seconds deck at all. Madison actually had that card designed specifically that way but after they were made Blaine didn't like it and is selling it as a mishap. So the seconds deck will be just as great quality as the others but cost you less money!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results