Discussions on Theory11 are the best!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I just wanted to say thank you to those forum members out there that make this forum enjoyable. I have made some great friends on this site and I have never met many of you!

I'm glad that you guys hang around the forums. Talking about magic is my addiction I'm glad that this forum is able to talk about very difficult subjects and still stay civil. I've learned a lot from you guys! Brent, David, Christopher and Draven especially, they've been here longer than most, but really all of you. All of you have helped me become a better magician.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I know only a few of you on here remember me, but yes, Theory11 has always been a place for us to grow and learn from one another. I've developed great friendships with some of the guys here as well. It's nice to be able to bounce ideas/thoughts off one another or get resources to find needed information. I'm happy to be back on the boards as I had to take care of some family issues the past two years.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Likewise! These forums will be a decade old later this year. Who else can say that, aside from the magic cafe? The quality and depth of discussion has always remained solid and consistent here, and I'm grateful to the team and community for maintaining it.

In an age of social media platforms absorbing most conversations (and often truncating it), I deeply appreciate having a reliable place to consume and contribute. To another 10 years, cheers! ;)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
There's a group of real pros (paid and unpaid) here. I remember days when there was a really heated debate every other week on this forum but I feel like it has evolved into honest beginners who really want to get better and a solid group of deep magical thinkers.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I have yet to see any real fights or drama on here. lol the magic cafe is a breading ground for it it seems sometimes.

I've been a part of dozens of forums (used to be a hard core gamer), and this site and a Tenyo forum I frequent have been the only two forums I have ever come across where things are civil and things never go down the path of flame wars and obvious cliquery.

The people and climate here are good for it; especially friendly to beginners and there's always a good supply of something for everyone.

Jul 26, 2016
Yes, I agree with the other members' posts on this thread. I have gotten turned off to other forums by what one of our members appropriately calls "the obvious clicquery." It doesn't happen here, and as long as that continues, I will be a contributing member. While there are varying levels of knowledge, skill, and experience in the Magic World, I believe that when it comes to the expression of ideas and the quest for knowledge. everyone is equal and should have an equal voice. That is at the heart of the ideal of freedom of speech and equality among all, and that ideal should be exemplified on a public forum. Fortunately, that is the case here, but regrettably, not on any other Magic forum I have seen...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results